Oct 8, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
He initially stayed in the game following the incident, but the team has ruled Nash out for the remainder of the contest. Meanwhile, Stuart served a two-minute elbowing minor for his actions.
Although the Rangers specified how Nash got injured and where the star forward got hit, they are describing it as an undisclosed injury, according to the Mercury News’ David Pollak. In other words, we don’t know for sure what Nash’s situation is, but it’s worth noting that he did sustain a concussion in February due to a hit from Boston’s Milan Lucic.
The 29-year-old had three assists in two games before tonight’s contest. He’s arguably the Rangers’ greatest offensive weapon and if he’s absent for any extended period of time, it would be a big blow for the Rangers.
Update — Video of the incident is now available, which you can watch below:
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)