Oct 8, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
He initially stayed in the game following the incident, but the team has ruled Nash out for the remainder of the contest. Meanwhile, Stuart served a two-minute elbowing minor for his actions.
Although the Rangers specified how Nash got injured and where the star forward got hit, they are describing it as an undisclosed injury, according to the Mercury News’ David Pollak. In other words, we don’t know for sure what Nash’s situation is, but it’s worth noting that he did sustain a concussion in February due to a hit from Boston’s Milan Lucic.
The 29-year-old had three assists in two games before tonight’s contest. He’s arguably the Rangers’ greatest offensive weapon and if he’s absent for any extended period of time, it would be a big blow for the Rangers.
Update – Video of the incident is now available, which you can watch below:
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6