Oct 8, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
He initially stayed in the game following the incident, but the team has ruled Nash out for the remainder of the contest. Meanwhile, Stuart served a two-minute elbowing minor for his actions.
Although the Rangers specified how Nash got injured and where the star forward got hit, they are describing it as an undisclosed injury, according to the Mercury News’ David Pollak. In other words, we don’t know for sure what Nash’s situation is, but it’s worth noting that he did sustain a concussion in February due to a hit from Boston’s Milan Lucic.
The 29-year-old had three assists in two games before tonight’s contest. He’s arguably the Rangers’ greatest offensive weapon and if he’s absent for any extended period of time, it would be a big blow for the Rangers.
Update – Video of the incident is now available, which you can watch below:
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 1
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 69
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 28
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 52
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 33
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (69)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (52)