Oct 8, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
He initially stayed in the game following the incident, but the team has ruled Nash out for the remainder of the contest. Meanwhile, Stuart served a two-minute elbowing minor for his actions.
Although the Rangers specified how Nash got injured and where the star forward got hit, they are describing it as an undisclosed injury, according to the Mercury News’ David Pollak. In other words, we don’t know for sure what Nash’s situation is, but it’s worth noting that he did sustain a concussion in February due to a hit from Boston’s Milan Lucic.
The 29-year-old had three assists in two games before tonight’s contest. He’s arguably the Rangers’ greatest offensive weapon and if he’s absent for any extended period of time, it would be a big blow for the Rangers.
Update – Video of the incident is now available, which you can watch below:
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)