Oct 8, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
He initially stayed in the game following the incident, but the team has ruled Nash out for the remainder of the contest. Meanwhile, Stuart served a two-minute elbowing minor for his actions.
Although the Rangers specified how Nash got injured and where the star forward got hit, they are describing it as an undisclosed injury, according to the Mercury News’ David Pollak. In other words, we don’t know for sure what Nash’s situation is, but it’s worth noting that he did sustain a concussion in February due to a hit from Boston’s Milan Lucic.
The 29-year-old had three assists in two games before tonight’s contest. He’s arguably the Rangers’ greatest offensive weapon and if he’s absent for any extended period of time, it would be a big blow for the Rangers.
Update — Video of the incident is now available, which you can watch below:
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)