Oct 8, 2013, 6:17 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have a 0-1-2 record after surrendering a three goal lead in the third period of last night’s game against the Edmonton Oilers, so it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that coach Pete DeBoer has shaken up his lines a bit.
Defenseman Mark Fayne will be inserted into the lineup for tonight’s game against the Vancouver Canucks while 20-year-old Adam Larsson will be a healthy scratch. Larsson has a minus-four rating in three games, which is tied for the worst on the Devils with another player that will be sent to the press box; forward Ryan Carter.
For Larsson, this is an all too familiar spot. Since being taken with the fourth overall pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, Larsson hasn’t been able to firmly establish himself as a regular with the Devils. He had six assists in 37 games last season.
“It is (frustrating to be in this situation again), but I’m not going to hang my head just because of one game,” Larsson told the Star-Ledger. “We’ll see what happens the next game. We’ll, see but I’m not happy about it.”
Before the 2013-14 campaign started, Larsson predicted this would be an important year for him. This certainly isn’t how he would have liked to start it, but the silver lining is that there’s still plenty of time left.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 0
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 40
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (43)