Oct 8, 2013, 6:17 PM EST
The New Jersey Devils have a 0-1-2 record after surrendering a three goal lead in the third period of last night’s game against the Edmonton Oilers, so it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that coach Pete DeBoer has shaken up his lines a bit.
Defenseman Mark Fayne will be inserted into the lineup for tonight’s game against the Vancouver Canucks while 20-year-old Adam Larsson will be a healthy scratch. Larsson has a minus-four rating in three games, which is tied for the worst on the Devils with another player that will be sent to the press box; forward Ryan Carter.
For Larsson, this is an all too familiar spot. Since being taken with the fourth overall pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, Larsson hasn’t been able to firmly establish himself as a regular with the Devils. He had six assists in 37 games last season.
“It is (frustrating to be in this situation again), but I’m not going to hang my head just because of one game,” Larsson told the Star-Ledger. “We’ll see what happens the next game. We’ll, see but I’m not happy about it.”
Before the 2013-14 campaign started, Larsson predicted this would be an important year for him. This certainly isn’t how he would have liked to start it, but the silver lining is that there’s still plenty of time left.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 150
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (150)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)