Oct 8, 2013, 2:11 AM EDT
If it were possible, Jonathan Quick probably would’ve wanted to crawl right under the ice Monday evening.
Quick went out to play the puck, but dropped his stick and the puck hit off his blocker and slid into the wide open net.
The goal put the Rangers up 3-1. That would be the final score.
“He dropped his stick. What do you want to talk about – tell him not to drop his stick?” said Kings head coach Darryl Sutter, as per Helene Elliott of the L.A. Times. (She added that the next comment was made in jest)
“It’s his job to stop the puck. So obviously, he didn’t think he needed a stick.”
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 36
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (37)