Oct 8, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
And here they are…
Not that this is a huge surprise after last month’s leak.
Here’s the press release from Hockey Canada, with some information on each jersey.
The iconic red jersey celebrates the rich history of hockey in Canada. From the vintage-inspired logo on the new lightweight front crest to the Canadian flag on the sleeve and the maple leaf graphics on the shoulders, the new jersey represents Canada from top to bottom.
Unmistakably Canadian, the white jersey is the perfect complement to the red. With ‘Canada’ standing out proudly in red on the white background of the front logo and the country’s colours flowing through the asymmetrical stripe on the left arm, this jersey is a perfect representation of the pride Canadians feel when it comes to hockey
To round out the exciting collection of jerseys for the 2014 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games, Hockey Canada chose to add a black third jersey. Inspired by memorable vintage Team Canada jerseys, this jersey will inspire our Olympians to win again. The bold ‘Canada’ word mark on the chest reminds the world of Canada’s hockey heritage, while the gold piping on the badges and gold maple leaf on the shoulders remind the world of Canada’s goal to win gold medals in Sochi.
The jerseys, created in partnership with Nike, have not received the greatest reviews, save for Canadian golfer Graham DeLaet.
For what it’s worth, I’m with DeLaet and don’t quite get why so many people dislike them. I think the red one is pretty nice, even if I could do without the faux laces.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 4
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 5
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 9
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 8
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)