Oct 8, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
The day after their head coach was fired, Philadelphia Flyers players were taking responsibility for their own poor play as they prepared for tonight’s visit from the Florida Panthers.
“It was a tough day yesterday,” captain Claude Giroux said of Peter Laviolette’s dismissal, per Philly.com. “We’re the ones on the ice. We’re the ones doing the job. Obviously, we didn’t get the job done. We need to play more as a team on the ice.”
Giroux has been held pointless as the winless Flyers have managed to score just three goals in 180 minutes of play.
“We need to have a better attitude – both for myself and the whole team,” he said. “We need to have a better mindset going into games.”
Related: Time for Claude Giroux to step up
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 8
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 8
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 5
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 14
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 46
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1