Oct 8, 2013, 2:35 PM EDT
Tonight will be a night of firsts at Bridgestone Arena.
Nashville forward Filip Forsberg will make his season debut against the Wild, and it looks as though Shea Weber will play alongside Seth Jones for the first time on the club’s top defensive pairing, according to The Tennessean.
“They could be a really good pair,” head coach Barry Trotz said of the Jones-Weber duo. “Shea does what he does, and Seth is in game three of his career, but tracking really well in terms of poise and playing.”
Though their season is only two games old, the Preds haven’t been shy about increasing Jones’ responsibilities. His ice time went up from 18:35 in a season-opening loss to St. Louis to 25:46 in Saturday’s 3-1 loss to Colorado, a performance Trotz graded as “A-plus.”
Nashville didn’t start the season with Jones and Weber playing together, as both are right-handed shots. Josi had been playing with Weber and Jones with Mattias Ekholm but, with Josi now out out for an undetermined length of time, the decision was made to load up the top unit and see how things go.
In other lineup news, Forsberg is in at the expense of Nick Spaling, who will be a healthy scratch.
Forsberg, 19, missed the first two games of the year with a lower-body injury. It remains to be seen if he’ll reunite with David Legwand and Gabriel Bourque — the trio had success in the preseason, showing good chemistry, and likely would’ve opened the season together had Forsberg been healthy.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:57 AM EDT
Classic rivalry will get underway tonight at Scottrade.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Even though they’re not really underdogs.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
Apr 17, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Both teams bounced back from bad starts to make the playoffs.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Matt Duchene is already on the shelf.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Apr 17, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
It’s a motivation thing.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
He had eight points in 19 games with New York.
Apr 17, 2014, 8:25 AM EDT
New York, St. Louis, Denver, and San Jose is where it’s at tonight.
Apr 17, 2014, 1:19 AM EDT
A Tyler Seguin bullet, no less.
Apr 17, 2014, 1:08 AM EDT
A tale of two games, really.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:52 AM EDT
“We did it time and time again.”
Apr 17, 2014, 12:26 AM EDT
“It’s one that got by him.”
Apr 17, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
The trio was big in Wednesday’s Game 1 victory over the Jackets.
Apr 16, 2014, 11:23 PM EDT
It’s bad enough to inspire Jon Cooper’s pity, though.
Apr 16, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
“We aren’t here just to go to school. We’re here to win.”
Apr 16, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
After all that star power in regulation …
Apr 16, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
Pittsburgh scores three unanswered goals to win.
Apr 16, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
The West’s No. 1 seed takes on the final wild card qualifier.
Apr 16, 2014, 9:22 PM EDT
Did the Penguins deserve a power play or penalty shot?
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 6
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 56
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)