Oct 8, 2013, 11:16 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers won in Craig Berube’s debut as the team’s head coach, but it was a nail-biter victory.
Things got particularly dramatic early in the third period. With his team up 2-1, Jay Rosehill was handed a two-minute penalty for roughing, but he got into another altercation before making his way to the penalty box and ended up with a 10-minute misconduct and double-minor.
The Flyers killed the penalties, but it had the potential to be a devastating turn of events to a team that got off to a 0-3-0 start this season.
As CSN Philly reported, Berube was preaching accountability prior to Tuesday’s contest. So does what Rosehill did came at an inopportune time for more than one reason.
Berube felt Rosehill’s actions following the initial penalty were “unacceptable,” but he took exception to a reporter asking if there would be any specific punishment for Rosehill.
“Do you want me to do spank him?” Berube asked. Once the laughter died down he added, “Get lost.”
You can view his post-game interview below:
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21