Oct 8, 2013, 11:16 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers won in Craig Berube’s debut as the team’s head coach, but it was a nail-biter victory.
Things got particularly dramatic early in the third period. With his team up 2-1, Jay Rosehill was handed a two-minute penalty for roughing, but he got into another altercation before making his way to the penalty box and ended up with a 10-minute misconduct and double-minor.
The Flyers killed the penalties, but it had the potential to be a devastating turn of events to a team that got off to a 0-3-0 start this season.
As CSN Philly reported, Berube was preaching accountability prior to Tuesday’s contest. So does what Rosehill did came at an inopportune time for more than one reason.
Berube felt Rosehill’s actions following the initial penalty were “unacceptable,” but he took exception to a reporter asking if there would be any specific punishment for Rosehill.
“Do you want me to do spank him?” Berube asked. Once the laughter died down he added, “Get lost.”
You can view his post-game interview below:
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)