Oct 8, 2013, 11:16 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers won in Craig Berube’s debut as the team’s head coach, but it was a nail-biter victory.
Things got particularly dramatic early in the third period. With his team up 2-1, Jay Rosehill was handed a two-minute penalty for roughing, but he got into another altercation before making his way to the penalty box and ended up with a 10-minute misconduct and double-minor.
The Flyers killed the penalties, but it had the potential to be a devastating turn of events to a team that got off to a 0-3-0 start this season.
As CSN Philly reported, Berube was preaching accountability prior to Tuesday’s contest. So does what Rosehill did came at an inopportune time for more than one reason.
Berube felt Rosehill’s actions following the initial penalty were “unacceptable,” but he took exception to a reporter asking if there would be any specific punishment for Rosehill.
“Do you want me to do spank him?” Berube asked. Once the laughter died down he added, “Get lost.”
You can view his post-game interview below:
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 15
- Mike Richards clears waivers 27
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)