Oct 8, 2013, 11:16 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers won in Craig Berube’s debut as the team’s head coach, but it was a nail-biter victory.
Things got particularly dramatic early in the third period. With his team up 2-1, Jay Rosehill was handed a two-minute penalty for roughing, but he got into another altercation before making his way to the penalty box and ended up with a 10-minute misconduct and double-minor.
The Flyers killed the penalties, but it had the potential to be a devastating turn of events to a team that got off to a 0-3-0 start this season.
As CSN Philly reported, Berube was preaching accountability prior to Tuesday’s contest. So does what Rosehill did came at an inopportune time for more than one reason.
Berube felt Rosehill’s actions following the initial penalty were “unacceptable,” but he took exception to a reporter asking if there would be any specific punishment for Rosehill.
“Do you want me to do spank him?” Berube asked. Once the laughter died down he added, “Get lost.”
You can view his post-game interview below:
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)