Oct 8, 2013, 11:16 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers won in Craig Berube’s debut as the team’s head coach, but it was a nail-biter victory.
Things got particularly dramatic early in the third period. With his team up 2-1, Jay Rosehill was handed a two-minute penalty for roughing, but he got into another altercation before making his way to the penalty box and ended up with a 10-minute misconduct and double-minor.
The Flyers killed the penalties, but it had the potential to be a devastating turn of events to a team that got off to a 0-3-0 start this season.
As CSN Philly reported, Berube was preaching accountability prior to Tuesday’s contest. So does what Rosehill did came at an inopportune time for more than one reason.
Berube felt Rosehill’s actions following the initial penalty were “unacceptable,” but he took exception to a reporter asking if there would be any specific punishment for Rosehill.
“Do you want me to do spank him?” Berube asked. Once the laughter died down he added, “Get lost.”
You can view his post-game interview below:
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 15
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)