Oct 8, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Craig Berube shook up the Flyers’ lines this morning in his first on-ice session since being named new head coach yesterday.
Per NHL.com, here’s what Peter Laviolette’s replacement had for combinations:
Philadelphia hosts Florida tonight in a game that will be closely watched around the league. The Flyers have scored just three goals in their first three games, all losses.
Despite the team’s offensive woes, it’s better defensive play that Berube was stressing Monday.
“First of all, team defense,” Berube told CSN Philly. “We need to play better without the puck. When you play good hockey without the puck, the team comes together and does the right things to get the puck back and to keep the puck out of your net.”
According to CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio, this morning’s skate was considerably longer than a typical game-day session, with Berube “installing things he wants in the game.”
The Flyers also have a team meeting scheduled for today.
Tim Thomas will apparently start for the Panthers, who got blasted, 7-0, Saturday in St. Louis.
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 0
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 8
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)