Oct 8, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Craig Berube shook up the Flyers’ lines this morning in his first on-ice session since being named new head coach yesterday.
Per NHL.com, here’s what Peter Laviolette’s replacement had for combinations:
Philadelphia hosts Florida tonight in a game that will be closely watched around the league. The Flyers have scored just three goals in their first three games, all losses.
Despite the team’s offensive woes, it’s better defensive play that Berube was stressing Monday.
“First of all, team defense,” Berube told CSN Philly. “We need to play better without the puck. When you play good hockey without the puck, the team comes together and does the right things to get the puck back and to keep the puck out of your net.”
According to CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio, this morning’s skate was considerably longer than a typical game-day session, with Berube “installing things he wants in the game.”
The Flyers also have a team meeting scheduled for today.
Tim Thomas will apparently start for the Panthers, who got blasted, 7-0, Saturday in St. Louis.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)