Oct 8, 2013, 11:15 AM EST
Craig Berube shook up the Flyers’ lines this morning in his first on-ice session since being named new head coach yesterday.
Per NHL.com, here’s what Peter Laviolette’s replacement had for combinations:
Philadelphia hosts Florida tonight in a game that will be closely watched around the league. The Flyers have scored just three goals in their first three games, all losses.
Despite the team’s offensive woes, it’s better defensive play that Berube was stressing Monday.
“First of all, team defense,” Berube told CSN Philly. “We need to play better without the puck. When you play good hockey without the puck, the team comes together and does the right things to get the puck back and to keep the puck out of your net.”
According to CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio, this morning’s skate was considerably longer than a typical game-day session, with Berube “installing things he wants in the game.”
The Flyers also have a team meeting scheduled for today.
Tim Thomas will apparently start for the Panthers, who got blasted, 7-0, Saturday in St. Louis.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 29
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 46
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 16
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 32
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 49
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 49
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 48
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)