Oct 8, 2013, 11:15 AM EST
Craig Berube shook up the Flyers’ lines this morning in his first on-ice session since being named new head coach yesterday.
Per NHL.com, here’s what Peter Laviolette’s replacement had for combinations:
Philadelphia hosts Florida tonight in a game that will be closely watched around the league. The Flyers have scored just three goals in their first three games, all losses.
Despite the team’s offensive woes, it’s better defensive play that Berube was stressing Monday.
“First of all, team defense,” Berube told CSN Philly. “We need to play better without the puck. When you play good hockey without the puck, the team comes together and does the right things to get the puck back and to keep the puck out of your net.”
According to CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio, this morning’s skate was considerably longer than a typical game-day session, with Berube “installing things he wants in the game.”
The Flyers also have a team meeting scheduled for today.
Tim Thomas will apparently start for the Panthers, who got blasted, 7-0, Saturday in St. Louis.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 15
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 62
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17