Oct 8, 2013, 11:15 AM EST
Craig Berube shook up the Flyers’ lines this morning in his first on-ice session since being named new head coach yesterday.
Per NHL.com, here’s what Peter Laviolette’s replacement had for combinations:
Philadelphia hosts Florida tonight in a game that will be closely watched around the league. The Flyers have scored just three goals in their first three games, all losses.
Despite the team’s offensive woes, it’s better defensive play that Berube was stressing Monday.
“First of all, team defense,” Berube told CSN Philly. “We need to play better without the puck. When you play good hockey without the puck, the team comes together and does the right things to get the puck back and to keep the puck out of your net.”
According to CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio, this morning’s skate was considerably longer than a typical game-day session, with Berube “installing things he wants in the game.”
The Flyers also have a team meeting scheduled for today.
Tim Thomas will apparently start for the Panthers, who got blasted, 7-0, Saturday in St. Louis.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)