Oct 8, 2013, 5:28 PM EDT
The next time you’re made fun of for hockey blogging — and if you haven’t been yet, you will — just tell your tormentors Barry Trotz has probably read your stuff.
On Tuesday, the Preds head coach said he knows Ryan Suter is going to get a rough reception from Nashville fans tonight at Bridgestone. Why? Because that’s what the blogs told him they were going to do.
“Ryan is like one of our family, seeing him as an 18-year-old, but he’s the enemy now,” Trotz told the Minnesota Star-Tribune. “So if they want to stay tough on them, that’ll be 303’s decision, not mine.
“But I read all the blogs. I’m pretty sure he’s not going to be let off the hook for awhile.”
The “303” is a reference to Nashville’s Section 303, dubbed the “Official Home of Cellblock 303, Nashville Predators’s loudest and proudest fans.”
The 303 brings you everything you need to know about the Nashville fan experience, from details about the in-house poutine (complete with sausage gravy, breaded/fried cheese curds and, eventually, a massive jammer) to various chants and taunts (most of which include the word “sucks.”)
It’s pretty hilarious and awesome to envision Trotz sitting at his laptop just, y’know, just surfing the 303 and a bunch of other blogs. We can only imagine he spends an inordinate amount of time here at NBCSports.com’s ProHockeyTalk, thrice voted the Internet’s most handsome hockey website.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6