Oct 8, 2013, 5:28 PM EDT
The next time you’re made fun of for hockey blogging — and if you haven’t been yet, you will — just tell your tormentors Barry Trotz has probably read your stuff.
On Tuesday, the Preds head coach said he knows Ryan Suter is going to get a rough reception from Nashville fans tonight at Bridgestone. Why? Because that’s what the blogs told him they were going to do.
“Ryan is like one of our family, seeing him as an 18-year-old, but he’s the enemy now,” Trotz told the Minnesota Star-Tribune. “So if they want to stay tough on them, that’ll be 303’s decision, not mine.
“But I read all the blogs. I’m pretty sure he’s not going to be let off the hook for awhile.”
The “303” is a reference to Nashville’s Section 303, dubbed the “Official Home of Cellblock 303, Nashville Predators’s loudest and proudest fans.”
The 303 brings you everything you need to know about the Nashville fan experience, from details about the in-house poutine (complete with sausage gravy, breaded/fried cheese curds and, eventually, a massive jammer) to various chants and taunts (most of which include the word “sucks.”)
It’s pretty hilarious and awesome to envision Trotz sitting at his laptop just, y’know, just surfing the 303 and a bunch of other blogs. We can only imagine he spends an inordinate amount of time here at NBCSports.com’s ProHockeyTalk, thrice voted the Internet’s most handsome hockey website.
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Eastern Conference Final Game 6 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 25
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)