Oct 8, 2013, 5:28 PM EDT
The next time you’re made fun of for hockey blogging — and if you haven’t been yet, you will — just tell your tormentors Barry Trotz has probably read your stuff.
On Tuesday, the Preds head coach said he knows Ryan Suter is going to get a rough reception from Nashville fans tonight at Bridgestone. Why? Because that’s what the blogs told him they were going to do.
“Ryan is like one of our family, seeing him as an 18-year-old, but he’s the enemy now,” Trotz told the Minnesota Star-Tribune. “So if they want to stay tough on them, that’ll be 303’s decision, not mine.
“But I read all the blogs. I’m pretty sure he’s not going to be let off the hook for awhile.”
The “303″ is a reference to Nashville’s Section 303, dubbed the “Official Home of Cellblock 303, Nashville Predators’s loudest and proudest fans.”
The 303 brings you everything you need to know about the Nashville fan experience, from details about the in-house poutine (complete with sausage gravy, breaded/fried cheese curds and, eventually, a massive jammer) to various chants and taunts (most of which include the word “sucks.”)
It’s pretty hilarious and awesome to envision Trotz sitting at his laptop just, y’know, just surfing the 303 and a bunch of other blogs. We can only imagine he spends an inordinate amount of time here at NBCSports.com’s ProHockeyTalk, thrice voted the Internet’s most handsome hockey website.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 46
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 34
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)