Oct 8, 2013, 5:28 PM EST
The next time you’re made fun of for hockey blogging — and if you haven’t been yet, you will — just tell your tormentors Barry Trotz has probably read your stuff.
On Tuesday, the Preds head coach said he knows Ryan Suter is going to get a rough reception from Nashville fans tonight at Bridgestone. Why? Because that’s what the blogs told him they were going to do.
“Ryan is like one of our family, seeing him as an 18-year-old, but he’s the enemy now,” Trotz told the Minnesota Star-Tribune. “So if they want to stay tough on them, that’ll be 303’s decision, not mine.
“But I read all the blogs. I’m pretty sure he’s not going to be let off the hook for awhile.”
The “303″ is a reference to Nashville’s Section 303, dubbed the “Official Home of Cellblock 303, Nashville Predators’s loudest and proudest fans.”
The 303 brings you everything you need to know about the Nashville fan experience, from details about the in-house poutine (complete with sausage gravy, breaded/fried cheese curds and, eventually, a massive jammer) to various chants and taunts (most of which include the word “sucks.”)
It’s pretty hilarious and awesome to envision Trotz sitting at his laptop just, y’know, just surfing the 303 and a bunch of other blogs. We can only imagine he spends an inordinate amount of time here at NBCSports.com’s ProHockeyTalk, thrice voted the Internet’s most handsome hockey website.
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 56
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 34
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 7
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 32
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 132
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (133)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (112)