Oct 8, 2013, 5:28 PM EDT
The next time you’re made fun of for hockey blogging — and if you haven’t been yet, you will — just tell your tormentors Barry Trotz has probably read your stuff.
On Tuesday, the Preds head coach said he knows Ryan Suter is going to get a rough reception from Nashville fans tonight at Bridgestone. Why? Because that’s what the blogs told him they were going to do.
“Ryan is like one of our family, seeing him as an 18-year-old, but he’s the enemy now,” Trotz told the Minnesota Star-Tribune. “So if they want to stay tough on them, that’ll be 303’s decision, not mine.
“But I read all the blogs. I’m pretty sure he’s not going to be let off the hook for awhile.”
The “303” is a reference to Nashville’s Section 303, dubbed the “Official Home of Cellblock 303, Nashville Predators’s loudest and proudest fans.”
The 303 brings you everything you need to know about the Nashville fan experience, from details about the in-house poutine (complete with sausage gravy, breaded/fried cheese curds and, eventually, a massive jammer) to various chants and taunts (most of which include the word “sucks.”)
It’s pretty hilarious and awesome to envision Trotz sitting at his laptop just, y’know, just surfing the 303 and a bunch of other blogs. We can only imagine he spends an inordinate amount of time here at NBCSports.com’s ProHockeyTalk, thrice voted the Internet’s most handsome hockey website.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 0
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 1
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)