Oct 7, 2013, 10:17 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr has scored his first goal as a member of the New Jersey Devils.
The 41-year-old winger opened the scoring for New Jersey in their meeting with the Edmonton Oilers Monday night, skating almost casually into the offensive zone, cutting to his left and snapping a low shot past goalie Jason LaBarbera.
Meanwhile, the Oilers continue to struggle early in the season.
Not only have they lost their first two games of the season, being outscored 11-6 in that span, but they ended the first period down 2-0 to the visiting Devils.
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 1
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 38
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 47
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 54
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)