Oct 7, 2013, 10:17 PM EST
Jaromir Jagr has scored his first goal as a member of the New Jersey Devils.
The 41-year-old winger opened the scoring for New Jersey in their meeting with the Edmonton Oilers Monday night, skating almost casually into the offensive zone, cutting to his left and snapping a low shot past goalie Jason LaBarbera.
Meanwhile, the Oilers continue to struggle early in the season.
Not only have they lost their first two games of the season, being outscored 11-6 in that span, but they ended the first period down 2-0 to the visiting Devils.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)