Oct 7, 2013, 10:17 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr has scored his first goal as a member of the New Jersey Devils.
The 41-year-old winger opened the scoring for New Jersey in their meeting with the Edmonton Oilers Monday night, skating almost casually into the offensive zone, cutting to his left and snapping a low shot past goalie Jason LaBarbera.
Meanwhile, the Oilers continue to struggle early in the season.
Not only have they lost their first two games of the season, being outscored 11-6 in that span, but they ended the first period down 2-0 to the visiting Devils.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40