Oct 7, 2013, 10:17 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr has scored his first goal as a member of the New Jersey Devils.
The 41-year-old winger opened the scoring for New Jersey in their meeting with the Edmonton Oilers Monday night, skating almost casually into the offensive zone, cutting to his left and snapping a low shot past goalie Jason LaBarbera.
Meanwhile, the Oilers continue to struggle early in the season.
Not only have they lost their first two games of the season, being outscored 11-6 in that span, but they ended the first period down 2-0 to the visiting Devils.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 12
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 21
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 32
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)