Oct 7, 2013, 10:17 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr has scored his first goal as a member of the New Jersey Devils.
The 41-year-old winger opened the scoring for New Jersey in their meeting with the Edmonton Oilers Monday night, skating almost casually into the offensive zone, cutting to his left and snapping a low shot past goalie Jason LaBarbera.
Meanwhile, the Oilers continue to struggle early in the season.
Not only have they lost their first two games of the season, being outscored 11-6 in that span, but they ended the first period down 2-0 to the visiting Devils.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 22
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 30
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)