Oct 7, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
Everybody’s anticipating the game will be a pretty big deal — well, everybody except for Schneider.
“We’re there less than 24 hours,” Schneider said of Tuesday’s Devils-Canucks game at Rogers Arena, as per NHL.com. “Gotta play a game, gotta win a game. I’m not going to get all nostalgic.”
Schneider’s response to the ballyhooed matchup is understandable.
While his ties to the Canucks organization do run deep — the club selected him in the first round of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, and he appeared in 98 games over the course of five seasons — his time in Vancouver was marked by uncertainty, culminating with the shock trade at the ’13 NHL Entry Draft.
There’s also another likely motive for Schneider’s downplay. The 27-year-old doesn’t want to turn this into a confrontational/controversial issue with Luongo, as the two seemed to genuinely get along while in Vancouver and have continued to since the trade.
“I learned a lot from Roberto, whether it was on the ice or off the ice,” Schneider said. “The way he dealt with some situations there that were fair or unfair, he put on a smile and did what was best for the team. And that’s not easy to do, especially for a guy who has accomplished as much as he has and has as much pride as he has.
“He always did as much as he could do to support me, to put the team first.”
Dec 11, 2013, 12:25 AM EST
His Bruins beat Calgary 2-1 on Tuesday.
Dec 10, 2013, 11:47 PM EST
Ben Scrivens must feel a little less special.
Dec 10, 2013, 11:14 PM EST
He said this is his worst stretch with the team.
Dec 10, 2013, 10:36 PM EST
Dec 10, 2013, 10:33 PM EST
Nashville ends a five-game skid.
Dec 10, 2013, 10:02 PM EST
Dec 10, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin made the Lightning pay.
Dec 10, 2013, 8:24 PM EST
At least he made it longer than Braden Holtby.
Dec 10, 2013, 8:08 PM EST
Martin Jones and Ben Scrivens are holding down the fort.
Dec 10, 2013, 7:47 PM EST
Mike Green also gets a game misconduct.
Dec 10, 2013, 7:12 PM EST
GMs sing his praises, too.
Dec 10, 2013, 6:52 PM EST
It won’t happen in 2014-15, though.
Dec 10, 2013, 5:31 PM EST
It’s a hot-button issue in the wake of Saturday’s Boston-Pittsburgh game.
Dec 10, 2013, 5:13 PM EST
Phoenix has just two wins in its last eight.
Dec 10, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
Former first-round pick on his way to Norfolk.
Dec 10, 2013, 3:02 PM EST
We’re about to find out.
Dec 10, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
A loaded Detroit roster gets… more loaded.
Dec 10, 2013, 2:15 PM EST
‘Hawks no like.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:53 PM EST
For the second time this season.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:40 PM EST
Chicago’s goalie depth about to be tested.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 39
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)