Oct 7, 2013, 8:05 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
The fighting debate isn’t likely to go away, but B.J. Crombeen of the Tampa Bay Lightning adds his two cents to the discussion. Reminder: His GM, Steve Yzerman, says it’s time for fighting to go. (The Tampa Tribune)
Meanwhile, Larry Brooks of the New York Post says now is the time to eliminate fighting from the NHL. (New York Post)
Editor’s Note: ProHockeyTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $2,000 Fantasy Hockey league that includes Monday and Tuesday’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts Monday at 9:30pm ET. Here’s the link.
NHL ice guru Dan Craig is about to have one very busy year having to help make sure the surface is playable for six outdoor games. (Edmonton Journal)
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13