Oct 7, 2013, 8:05 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
The fighting debate isn’t likely to go away, but B.J. Crombeen of the Tampa Bay Lightning adds his two cents to the discussion. Reminder: His GM, Steve Yzerman, says it’s time for fighting to go. (The Tampa Tribune)
Meanwhile, Larry Brooks of the New York Post says now is the time to eliminate fighting from the NHL. (New York Post)
Editor’s Note: ProHockeyTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $2,000 Fantasy Hockey league that includes Monday and Tuesday’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts Monday at 9:30pm ET. Here’s the link.
NHL ice guru Dan Craig is about to have one very busy year having to help make sure the surface is playable for six outdoor games. (Edmonton Journal)
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38