Oct 7, 2013, 8:05 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
The fighting debate isn’t likely to go away, but B.J. Crombeen of the Tampa Bay Lightning adds his two cents to the discussion. Reminder: His GM, Steve Yzerman, says it’s time for fighting to go. (The Tampa Tribune)
Meanwhile, Larry Brooks of the New York Post says now is the time to eliminate fighting from the NHL. (New York Post)
Editor’s Note: ProHockeyTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $2,000 Fantasy Hockey league that includes Monday and Tuesday’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts Monday at 9:30pm ET. Here’s the link.
NHL ice guru Dan Craig is about to have one very busy year having to help make sure the surface is playable for six outdoor games. (Edmonton Journal)
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 0
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7