Oct 7, 2013, 8:05 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
The fighting debate isn’t likely to go away, but B.J. Crombeen of the Tampa Bay Lightning adds his two cents to the discussion. Reminder: His GM, Steve Yzerman, says it’s time for fighting to go. (The Tampa Tribune)
Meanwhile, Larry Brooks of the New York Post says now is the time to eliminate fighting from the NHL. (New York Post)
Editor’s Note: ProHockeyTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $2,000 Fantasy Hockey league that includes Monday and Tuesday’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts Monday at 9:30pm ET. Here’s the link.
NHL ice guru Dan Craig is about to have one very busy year having to help make sure the surface is playable for six outdoor games. (Edmonton Journal)
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11