Oct 7, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Monday was a day of mixed news for the Canadiens.
Captain Brian Gionta, however, did not.
Gionta missed the flight for a personal matter, according to the Montreal Gazette. TVA’s Louis Jean said Gionta stayed in Montreal for “family reasons” and was hoping to join the team in time for Wednesday’s game in Calgary.
Not having Gionta would be a significant loss for Montreal. He’s been a point-a-game guy through the first two contests of the season (1G, 1A) and it’s still unclear if Pacioretty will be ready for the Flames tilt.
Should he not, there will be plenty of opportunities to get back in the lineup in the near future. Montreal is in Edmonton on Thursday, Vancouver on Saturday and Winnipeg next Tuesday.
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 22
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 6
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 16
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 23
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 49
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 20
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 92
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)