Oct 7, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
Monday was a day of mixed news for the Canadiens.
Captain Brian Gionta, however, did not.
Gionta missed the flight for a personal matter, according to the Montreal Gazette. TVA’s Louis Jean said Gionta stayed in Montreal for “family reasons” and was hoping to join the team in time for Wednesday’s game in Calgary.
Not having Gionta would be a significant loss for Montreal. He’s been a point-a-game guy through the first two contests of the season (1G, 1A) and it’s still unclear if Pacioretty will be ready for the Flames tilt.
Should he not, there will be plenty of opportunities to get back in the lineup in the near future. Montreal is in Edmonton on Thursday, Vancouver on Saturday and Winnipeg next Tuesday.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny 0
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52