Oct 7, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
Monday was a day of mixed news for the Canadiens.
Captain Brian Gionta, however, did not.
Gionta missed the flight for a personal matter, according to the Montreal Gazette. TVA’s Louis Jean said Gionta stayed in Montreal for “family reasons” and was hoping to join the team in time for Wednesday’s game in Calgary.
Not having Gionta would be a significant loss for Montreal. He’s been a point-a-game guy through the first two contests of the season (1G, 1A) and it’s still unclear if Pacioretty will be ready for the Flames tilt.
Should he not, there will be plenty of opportunities to get back in the lineup in the near future. Montreal is in Edmonton on Thursday, Vancouver on Saturday and Winnipeg next Tuesday.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 111
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 94
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 105
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (126)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (119)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (105)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (95)