Oct 7, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Monday was a day of mixed news for the Canadiens.
Captain Brian Gionta, however, did not.
Gionta missed the flight for a personal matter, according to the Montreal Gazette. TVA’s Louis Jean said Gionta stayed in Montreal for “family reasons” and was hoping to join the team in time for Wednesday’s game in Calgary.
Not having Gionta would be a significant loss for Montreal. He’s been a point-a-game guy through the first two contests of the season (1G, 1A) and it’s still unclear if Pacioretty will be ready for the Flames tilt.
Should he not, there will be plenty of opportunities to get back in the lineup in the near future. Montreal is in Edmonton on Thursday, Vancouver on Saturday and Winnipeg next Tuesday.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (147)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)