Oct 7, 2013, 11:40 AM EST
Anger, frustration and a healthy (unhealthy?) dose of defensiveness highlighted this morning’s press conference in Philadelphia confirming that head coach Peter Laviolette had been fired and replaced with Craig Berube.
Taking questions from reporters were general manager Paul Holmgren and owner Ed Snider. A few tweets to give you the gist:
Bottom line, the Flyers need to turn it around. And if you’re Holmgren, they may need to turn it around real soon.
Philadelphia (0-3-0) plays five of its next six at home, starting tomorrow versus Florida against last season’s worst team in the NHL.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 3
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8