Oct 7, 2013, 11:40 AM EST
Anger, frustration and a healthy (unhealthy?) dose of defensiveness highlighted this morning’s press conference in Philadelphia confirming that head coach Peter Laviolette had been fired and replaced with Craig Berube.
Taking questions from reporters were general manager Paul Holmgren and owner Ed Snider. A few tweets to give you the gist:
Bottom line, the Flyers need to turn it around. And if you’re Holmgren, they may need to turn it around real soon.
Philadelphia (0-3-0) plays five of its next six at home, starting tomorrow versus Florida against last season’s worst team in the NHL.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (117)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)