Oct 7, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
Anger, frustration and a healthy (unhealthy?) dose of defensiveness highlighted this morning’s press conference in Philadelphia confirming that head coach Peter Laviolette had been fired and replaced with Craig Berube.
Taking questions from reporters were general manager Paul Holmgren and owner Ed Snider. A few tweets to give you the gist:
Bottom line, the Flyers need to turn it around. And if you’re Holmgren, they may need to turn it around real soon.
Philadelphia (0-3-0) plays five of its next six at home, starting tomorrow versus Florida against last season’s worst team in the NHL.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)