Oct 7, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
Anger, frustration and a healthy (unhealthy?) dose of defensiveness highlighted this morning’s press conference in Philadelphia confirming that head coach Peter Laviolette had been fired and replaced with Craig Berube.
Taking questions from reporters were general manager Paul Holmgren and owner Ed Snider. A few tweets to give you the gist:
Bottom line, the Flyers need to turn it around. And if you’re Holmgren, they may need to turn it around real soon.
Philadelphia (0-3-0) plays five of its next six at home, starting tomorrow versus Florida against last season’s worst team in the NHL.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)