Oct 7, 2013, 3:13 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes could be getting some lineup reinforcements for a big two-game trip through Pittsburgh and Washington.
“We’ll see how (Ruutu) feels and where he’s at tomorrow,” ‘Canes head coach Kirk Muller told the Raleigh News & Observer.
Ruutu returned to practice on Monday in a non-contact capacity and while Gleason did travel with the club, Muller said the 30-year-old rearguard still remains sidelined.
Despite missing two of their more veteran presences, the ‘Canes have gotten off to a good start this year. They’ve captured three of a possible four points after an OT loss to Detroit and a 2-1 win over Philly on Sunday, the latter cementing Peter Laviolette’s fate as the Flyers turfed him early Monday morning.
Should Ruutu return to the lineup, it’s possible that Drayson Bowman will be dropped. The 24-year-old plays the wing but has only averaged 8:27 TOI through two games thus far. Of course, it’s also possible the club could drop one of its younger forwards — Elias LIndholm or Brett Sutter — to make room for Ruutu.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)