Oct 7, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
Tuesday: Florida at Philadelphia (7 p.m. ET)
Craig Berube’s first game as head coach of the Philadelphia Flyers after Peter Laviolette was fired today. We already mentioned it here, but it bears repeating: the Flyers have scored three goals in their first three games, all outright losses. Theoretically, they should come out with a much-improved effort Tuesday. The Panthers, meanwhile, started the season well with a 4-2 win in Dallas, but a 7-0 loss in St. Louis kind of put a damper on things.
Tuesday: New Jersey at Vancouver (10 p.m. ET)
Cory Schneider makes his return to Rogers Arena after the shocking draft-day trade that sent him to New Jersey for the Devils’ first-round pick. The 27-year-old lost his first start with his new team, a 3-0 decision Thursday in Pittsburgh. He’s expected to get his second start versus the Canucks, and with his old teammate, Robert Luongo, at the other end of the ice. Can you say “media circus”?
Wednesday: Chicago at St. Louis (8 p.m. ET)
NBCSN continues its “Wednesday Night Rivalry” series with two of the best teams in the league, not to mention a couple of clubs that have been division rivals since 1970.
That was fun.
Thursday: Colorado at Boston (7 p.m. ET)
The Avs play Tuesday in Toronto, so there’s a chance they may not be undefeated anymore by the time they play the B’s. Still, this one should be a good test for Patrick Roy’s troops, who’ve looked pretty darn good so far. Colorado hammered Anaheim, 6-1, to open its schedule then beat Nashville, 3-1, in its next outing. Both those victories came at home though, and Boston is no easy place to play, as evidenced by the Bruins’ first two games, both wins at TD Garden.
Friday: NY Islanders at Chicago (8 p.m. ET)
Two teams that know how to put the puck in the net. The ‘Hawks finished second in goals per game (3.10) in 2013, while New York was seventh (2.81). The Isles have opened the season with two straight trips to the shootout; they won the first one versus New Jersey and lost the second to Columbus. They’ll play Phoenix on Long Island Tuesday before traveling to Chicago to meet the champs.
Mar 2, 2015, 12:32 PM EST
The goaltender led the Sens to three straight wins.
Mar 2, 2015, 12:10 PM EST
Don Maloney’s a busy man.
Mar 2, 2015, 11:21 AM EST
Couple of potential scenarios being reported.
Mar 2, 2015, 10:56 AM EST
Veteran blueliner is currently sidelined with a concussion, however.
Mar 2, 2015, 10:51 AM EST
Fifth-round pick goes to Buffalo.
Mar 2, 2015, 10:11 AM EST
“He’s a player we kind of looked at for a while.”
Mar 2, 2015, 10:04 AM EST
All the latest leading up to 3 p.m. ET…
Mar 2, 2015, 9:53 AM EST
They’ll play against Carolina Monday.
Mar 2, 2015, 9:24 AM EST
Montreal strikes first on deadline day.
Mar 2, 2015, 8:58 AM EST
Marleau and Thornton haven’t been approached about their no-trade clauses.
Mar 2, 2015, 7:55 AM EST
Monday’s collection of links.
Mar 2, 2015, 2:15 AM EST
It’s a first round and third round selection heading to Philly.
Mar 2, 2015, 1:50 AM EST
Tampa gets a pair of second-rounders.
Mar 2, 2015, 1:20 AM EST
Elliott and Allen saw action Sunday night.
Mar 2, 2015, 12:30 AM EST
Dallas’ skid reaches six games.
Mar 1, 2015, 11:30 PM EST
Winnipeg moves three points back of Chicago in the Central Division.
Mar 1, 2015, 10:50 PM EST
Malkin had a third straight three-point game.
Mar 1, 2015, 10:05 PM EST
He collided with Ales Hemsky.
Mar 1, 2015, 9:15 PM EST
The Washington forward remains in the game.
Mar 1, 2015, 8:30 PM EST
The Sharks get a fourth-round pick.
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 33
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 20
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (155)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)