Oct 7, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
Tuesday: Florida at Philadelphia (7 p.m. ET)
Craig Berube’s first game as head coach of the Philadelphia Flyers after Peter Laviolette was fired today. We already mentioned it here, but it bears repeating: the Flyers have scored three goals in their first three games, all outright losses. Theoretically, they should come out with a much-improved effort Tuesday. The Panthers, meanwhile, started the season well with a 4-2 win in Dallas, but a 7-0 loss in St. Louis kind of put a damper on things.
Tuesday: New Jersey at Vancouver (10 p.m. ET)
Cory Schneider makes his return to Rogers Arena after the shocking draft-day trade that sent him to New Jersey for the Devils’ first-round pick. The 27-year-old lost his first start with his new team, a 3-0 decision Thursday in Pittsburgh. He’s expected to get his second start versus the Canucks, and with his old teammate, Robert Luongo, at the other end of the ice. Can you say “media circus”?
Wednesday: Chicago at St. Louis (8 p.m. ET)
NBCSN continues its “Wednesday Night Rivalry” series with two of the best teams in the league, not to mention a couple of clubs that have been division rivals since 1970.
That was fun.
Thursday: Colorado at Boston (7 p.m. ET)
The Avs play Tuesday in Toronto, so there’s a chance they may not be undefeated anymore by the time they play the B’s. Still, this one should be a good test for Patrick Roy’s troops, who’ve looked pretty darn good so far. Colorado hammered Anaheim, 6-1, to open its schedule then beat Nashville, 3-1, in its next outing. Both those victories came at home though, and Boston is no easy place to play, as evidenced by the Bruins’ first two games, both wins at TD Garden.
Friday: NY Islanders at Chicago (8 p.m. ET)
Two teams that know how to put the puck in the net. The ‘Hawks finished second in goals per game (3.10) in 2013, while New York was seventh (2.81). The Isles have opened the season with two straight trips to the shootout; they won the first one versus New Jersey and lost the second to Columbus. They’ll play Phoenix on Long Island Tuesday before traveling to Chicago to meet the champs.
Apr 21, 2014, 2:19 AM EDT
This has happened a few times in these playoffs.
Apr 21, 2014, 1:56 AM EDT
Apr 21, 2014, 1:28 AM EDT
This one could’ve gotten uglier than it did.
Apr 21, 2014, 12:47 AM EDT
Took this game over in the second period.
Apr 21, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
Patrick Roy: “We’re going to be very smart about when he’s going to come back.”
Apr 20, 2014, 11:44 PM EDT
Apr 20, 2014, 11:28 PM EDT
Was shaken up after taking a knee to the head.
Apr 20, 2014, 10:52 PM EDT
Just another game between these two California rivals.
Apr 20, 2014, 10:34 PM EDT
Jon Cooper straddles the line between snarky and careful.
Apr 20, 2014, 10:09 PM EDT
Tough breaks for Tampa Bay.
Apr 20, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
Remarkable … and risky?
Apr 20, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Kings hope to avoid two straight years of 0-2 first-round deficits.
Apr 20, 2014, 8:59 PM EDT
Tampa Bay’s captain managed to return later in the game.
Apr 20, 2014, 8:27 PM EDT
Classy gesture after 16 seasons with the Predators.
Apr 20, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
Not exactly an ideal start for Anders Lindback.
Apr 20, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
He stopped 31 out of 33 in Sunday’s win vs. the Rangers.
Apr 20, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Can the Bolts get back in this series?
Apr 20, 2014, 5:54 PM EDT
Milan Lucic scored a goal a game after that spearing incident.
Apr 20, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
They are playing on opposite sides in the Detroit-Boston series.
Apr 20, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
They’re down 2-0 to Montreal going into Game 3 tonight.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (100)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)