Oct 7, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
Tuesday: Florida at Philadelphia (7 p.m. ET)
Craig Berube’s first game as head coach of the Philadelphia Flyers after Peter Laviolette was fired today. We already mentioned it here, but it bears repeating: the Flyers have scored three goals in their first three games, all outright losses. Theoretically, they should come out with a much-improved effort Tuesday. The Panthers, meanwhile, started the season well with a 4-2 win in Dallas, but a 7-0 loss in St. Louis kind of put a damper on things.
Tuesday: New Jersey at Vancouver (10 p.m. ET)
Cory Schneider makes his return to Rogers Arena after the shocking draft-day trade that sent him to New Jersey for the Devils’ first-round pick. The 27-year-old lost his first start with his new team, a 3-0 decision Thursday in Pittsburgh. He’s expected to get his second start versus the Canucks, and with his old teammate, Robert Luongo, at the other end of the ice. Can you say “media circus”?
Wednesday: Chicago at St. Louis (8 p.m. ET)
NBCSN continues its “Wednesday Night Rivalry” series with two of the best teams in the league, not to mention a couple of clubs that have been division rivals since 1970.
That was fun.
Thursday: Colorado at Boston (7 p.m. ET)
The Avs play Tuesday in Toronto, so there’s a chance they may not be undefeated anymore by the time they play the B’s. Still, this one should be a good test for Patrick Roy’s troops, who’ve looked pretty darn good so far. Colorado hammered Anaheim, 6-1, to open its schedule then beat Nashville, 3-1, in its next outing. Both those victories came at home though, and Boston is no easy place to play, as evidenced by the Bruins’ first two games, both wins at TD Garden.
Friday: NY Islanders at Chicago (8 p.m. ET)
Two teams that know how to put the puck in the net. The ‘Hawks finished second in goals per game (3.10) in 2013, while New York was seventh (2.81). The Isles have opened the season with two straight trips to the shootout; they won the first one versus New Jersey and lost the second to Columbus. They’ll play Phoenix on Long Island Tuesday before traveling to Chicago to meet the champs.
Mar 8, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
Petr Mrazek will backup Jimmy Howard.
Mar 8, 2014, 4:28 PM EST
The Leafs have called up Frazer McLaren.
Mar 8, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
She had a 0.96 GAA and .954 save percentage in the Olympics.
Mar 8, 2014, 3:21 PM EST
He suffered the injury last Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 2:42 PM EST
He might not be ready for the start of the playoffs either, should Columbus get that far.
Mar 8, 2014, 1:58 PM EST
Guess who holds that record?
Mar 8, 2014, 1:16 PM EST
The Capitals drafted him in 2010, but he’s been playing in the KHL.
Mar 8, 2014, 12:58 PM EST
It will be his first start with Washington.
Mar 8, 2014, 12:15 PM EST
They were key players in Finland’s bronze medal run in the 2014 Winter Olympics.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
The Lightning are trying to get out of a rut just days after trading Martin St. Louis.
Mar 8, 2014, 10:40 AM EST
He’s open to continuing his career as a backup goaltender.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:51 AM EST
Ottawa has been underwhelming this season.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:03 AM EST
He hasn’t taken a penalty yet this season.
Mar 8, 2014, 2:05 AM EST
Marc-Andre Fleury was busy in this one.
Mar 8, 2014, 1:11 AM EST
On a special night for one of the franchise’s greats.
Mar 8, 2014, 12:24 AM EST
This is just…sick. But awesome, too.
Mar 8, 2014, 12:05 AM EST
Played nine seasons in Calgary.
Mar 7, 2014, 11:19 PM EST
Last shift came late in first period.
Mar 7, 2014, 11:03 PM EST
Goals, goals and more goals in this one.
Mar 7, 2014, 10:28 PM EST
His first NHL start since Feb. 8.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 28
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)