Oct 7, 2013, 11:30 PM EDT
Rostislav Klesla appears close to returning to the Phoenix Coyotes lineup after suffering a concussion during the pre-season.
Klesla was taken off the ice on a stretcher during an exhibition game against the L.A. Kings on Sept. 15, following a hit from Jordan Nolan.
Nolan escaped suspension for the controversial hit, however Klesla maintains the initial point of contact was his chin.
“If it wasn’t, I’m not knocked out,” Klesla told reporters on Monday, according to Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)