Oct 7, 2013, 10:50 PM EDT
Two losses in the first three games of the season doesn’t appear to be bringing on any changes to the Washington Capitals lineup.
As Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post reported Monday, there was no tinkering to the forward combinations following the club’s latest setback, a 2-1 loss to the Dallas Stars on Saturday.
“Nothing’s glaring, I mean we’ve lost one-goal games,” said Capitals head coach Adam Oates, as per the Washington Post.
“I think we’ve made mistakes at times in certain areas. I thought the other night [in Dallas], there were moments where we turned it over too many times, trying to get cute instead of making the obvious play and try to wear them out, which is the plan.”
And, so where does this leave forward Martin Erat?
As Janes reported, the 32-year-old Erat skated on the Capitals’ fourth line Monday. It took all of one game into the new season to express frustration over playing time.
“It’s very frustrating. I don’t know what to think about it. It’s hard, I have no idea what’s happening,” Erat said last week, after playing 9:01 in the season opener against Chicago.
“If you played 11 years in the league, I don’t think you lose your position in three or four games in the preseason. I don’t know.”
His ice time since then has fluctuated from 6:30 in Game 2 of the season, and back up to 8:27 on Saturday.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Chara suffers undisclosed issue, won’t return on Thursday 14
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)