Oct 7, 2013, 10:50 PM EDT
Two losses in the first three games of the season doesn’t appear to be bringing on any changes to the Washington Capitals lineup.
As Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post reported Monday, there was no tinkering to the forward combinations following the club’s latest setback, a 2-1 loss to the Dallas Stars on Saturday.
“Nothing’s glaring, I mean we’ve lost one-goal games,” said Capitals head coach Adam Oates, as per the Washington Post.
“I think we’ve made mistakes at times in certain areas. I thought the other night [in Dallas], there were moments where we turned it over too many times, trying to get cute instead of making the obvious play and try to wear them out, which is the plan.”
And, so where does this leave forward Martin Erat?
As Janes reported, the 32-year-old Erat skated on the Capitals’ fourth line Monday. It took all of one game into the new season to express frustration over playing time.
“It’s very frustrating. I don’t know what to think about it. It’s hard, I have no idea what’s happening,” Erat said last week, after playing 9:01 in the season opener against Chicago.
“If you played 11 years in the league, I don’t think you lose your position in three or four games in the preseason. I don’t know.”
His ice time since then has fluctuated from 6:30 in Game 2 of the season, and back up to 8:27 on Saturday.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 20
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 17
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)