Oct 6, 2013, 12:12 AM EST
Lindy Ruff has 572 career NHL wins — 571 of them with the Sabres and now, one with the Stars.
The Stars, who lost their season-opener 4-2 to Florida on Thursday, rebounded with a solid all-around performance against the Caps — an important effort, especially after questions arose about the club’s intensity and effort level in the Panthers loss.
“Maybe we thought it was going to be a little easy,” said Ruff, per Stars Inside Edge. “We had a good camp. That’s what I took from the game. Situations that we battled hard and came out on top, we lost tonight. Those are battles we have to win.”
Battling hard wasn’t an issue for the Stars on Saturday, as Ruff praised his team’s “tremendous” work ethic.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 7
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 23
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 22
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)