Oct 6, 2013, 12:12 AM EST
Lindy Ruff has 572 career NHL wins — 571 of them with the Sabres and now, one with the Stars.
The Stars, who lost their season-opener 4-2 to Florida on Thursday, rebounded with a solid all-around performance against the Caps — an important effort, especially after questions arose about the club’s intensity and effort level in the Panthers loss.
“Maybe we thought it was going to be a little easy,” said Ruff, per Stars Inside Edge. “We had a good camp. That’s what I took from the game. Situations that we battled hard and came out on top, we lost tonight. Those are battles we have to win.”
Battling hard wasn’t an issue for the Stars on Saturday, as Ruff praised his team’s “tremendous” work ethic.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 39
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)