Oct 6, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
Lindy Ruff has 572 career NHL wins — 571 of them with the Sabres and now, one with the Stars.
The Stars, who lost their season-opener 4-2 to Florida on Thursday, rebounded with a solid all-around performance against the Caps — an important effort, especially after questions arose about the club’s intensity and effort level in the Panthers loss.
“Maybe we thought it was going to be a little easy,” said Ruff, per Stars Inside Edge. “We had a good camp. That’s what I took from the game. Situations that we battled hard and came out on top, we lost tonight. Those are battles we have to win.”
Battling hard wasn’t an issue for the Stars on Saturday, as Ruff praised his team’s “tremendous” work ethic.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5