Oct 6, 2013, 9:44 PM EST
Seeing your recently re-signed defenseman suffer a concussion is bad enough. The Nashville Predators might feel even worse this weekend if Swiss outlet Tages Anzeiger’s claim that Roman Josi just suffered his fifth concussion since 2009 is true.
Josi is only 23, so that’s a really troubling collection of head injuries over a short period of time.
The offensively skilled defenseman was injured via a questionable hit by Colorado Avalanche winger Steve Downie on Friday:
Word is that Downie, 26, won’t hear from the NHL regarding that controversial check.
Either way, it won’t make Josi’s recovery any easier, especially if he really has such a history of head injuries.
Considering Pekka Rinne‘s rocky start after returning from offseason hip surgery, the Predators might be feeling a little uneasy about some of their long-term contracts right now.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 37
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)