Oct 6, 2013, 9:44 PM EDT
Seeing your recently re-signed defenseman suffer a concussion is bad enough. The Nashville Predators might feel even worse this weekend if Swiss outlet Tages Anzeiger’s claim that Roman Josi just suffered his fifth concussion since 2009 is true.
Josi is only 23, so that’s a really troubling collection of head injuries over a short period of time.
The offensively skilled defenseman was injured via a questionable hit by Colorado Avalanche winger Steve Downie on Friday:
Word is that Downie, 26, won’t hear from the NHL regarding that controversial check.
Either way, it won’t make Josi’s recovery any easier, especially if he really has such a history of head injuries.
Considering Pekka Rinne‘s rocky start after returning from offseason hip surgery, the Predators might be feeling a little uneasy about some of their long-term contracts right now.
- Report: Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 0
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 7
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 23
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 53
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)