Oct 6, 2013, 9:44 PM EDT
Seeing your recently re-signed defenseman suffer a concussion is bad enough. The Nashville Predators might feel even worse this weekend if Swiss outlet Tages Anzeiger’s claim that Roman Josi just suffered his fifth concussion since 2009 is true.
Josi is only 23, so that’s a really troubling collection of head injuries over a short period of time.
The offensively skilled defenseman was injured via a questionable hit by Colorado Avalanche winger Steve Downie on Friday:
Word is that Downie, 26, won’t hear from the NHL regarding that controversial check.
Either way, it won’t make Josi’s recovery any easier, especially if he really has such a history of head injuries.
Considering Pekka Rinne‘s rocky start after returning from offseason hip surgery, the Predators might be feeling a little uneasy about some of their long-term contracts right now.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)