Oct 6, 2013, 9:44 PM EDT
Seeing your recently re-signed defenseman suffer a concussion is bad enough. The Nashville Predators might feel even worse this weekend if Swiss outlet Tages Anzeiger’s claim that Roman Josi just suffered his fifth concussion since 2009 is true.
Josi is only 23, so that’s a really troubling collection of head injuries over a short period of time.
The offensively skilled defenseman was injured via a questionable hit by Colorado Avalanche winger Steve Downie on Friday:
Word is that Downie, 26, won’t hear from the NHL regarding that controversial check.
Either way, it won’t make Josi’s recovery any easier, especially if he really has such a history of head injuries.
Considering Pekka Rinne‘s rocky start after returning from offseason hip surgery, the Predators might be feeling a little uneasy about some of their long-term contracts right now.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31