Oct 6, 2013, 9:44 PM EST
Seeing your recently re-signed defenseman suffer a concussion is bad enough. The Nashville Predators might feel even worse this weekend if Swiss outlet Tages Anzeiger’s claim that Roman Josi just suffered his fifth concussion since 2009 is true.
Josi is only 23, so that’s a really troubling collection of head injuries over a short period of time.
The offensively skilled defenseman was injured via a questionable hit by Colorado Avalanche winger Steve Downie on Friday:
Word is that Downie, 26, won’t hear from the NHL regarding that controversial check.
Either way, it won’t make Josi’s recovery any easier, especially if he really has such a history of head injuries.
Considering Pekka Rinne‘s rocky start after returning from offseason hip surgery, the Predators might be feeling a little uneasy about some of their long-term contracts right now.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11