Oct 6, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Saturday night’s thrilling 5-4 shootout win for the Toronto Maple Leafs over the Ottawa Senators had drama both on and off the ice.
Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis was taken to the hospital during the game. As Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston and David Alter report, he was treated for feeling “fluish and unwell” first by the team doctor and then off to St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto.
The good news out of this is he’s feeling better and should be released from the hospital later today.
With the Maple Leafs starting the season 3-0-0, that should help him feel better no matter what. The Maple Leafs host the Colorado Avalanche on Tuesday night.
UPDATE (1:30 p.m. ET): The Maple Leafs PR department released a statement on Nonis via Twitter.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)