Oct 6, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Saturday night’s thrilling 5-4 shootout win for the Toronto Maple Leafs over the Ottawa Senators had drama both on and off the ice.
Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis was taken to the hospital during the game. As Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston and David Alter report, he was treated for feeling “fluish and unwell” first by the team doctor and then off to St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto.
The good news out of this is he’s feeling better and should be released from the hospital later today.
With the Maple Leafs starting the season 3-0-0, that should help him feel better no matter what. The Maple Leafs host the Colorado Avalanche on Tuesday night.
UPDATE (1:30 p.m. ET): The Maple Leafs PR department released a statement on Nonis via Twitter.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)