Oct 6, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Saturday night’s thrilling 5-4 shootout win for the Toronto Maple Leafs over the Ottawa Senators had drama both on and off the ice.
Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis was taken to the hospital during the game. As Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston and David Alter report, he was treated for feeling “fluish and unwell” first by the team doctor and then off to St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto.
The good news out of this is he’s feeling better and should be released from the hospital later today.
With the Maple Leafs starting the season 3-0-0, that should help him feel better no matter what. The Maple Leafs host the Colorado Avalanche on Tuesday night.
UPDATE (1:30 p.m. ET): The Maple Leafs PR department released a statement on Nonis via Twitter.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 0
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 6
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)