Oct 6, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Saturday night’s thrilling 5-4 shootout win for the Toronto Maple Leafs over the Ottawa Senators had drama both on and off the ice.
Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis was taken to the hospital during the game. As Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston and David Alter report, he was treated for feeling “fluish and unwell” first by the team doctor and then off to St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto.
The good news out of this is he’s feeling better and should be released from the hospital later today.
With the Maple Leafs starting the season 3-0-0, that should help him feel better no matter what. The Maple Leafs host the Colorado Avalanche on Tuesday night.
UPDATE (1:30 p.m. ET): The Maple Leafs PR department released a statement on Nonis via Twitter.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 4
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 106
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (106)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)