Oct 6, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Saturday night’s thrilling 5-4 shootout win for the Toronto Maple Leafs over the Ottawa Senators had drama both on and off the ice.
Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis was taken to the hospital during the game. As Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston and David Alter report, he was treated for feeling “fluish and unwell” first by the team doctor and then off to St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto.
The good news out of this is he’s feeling better and should be released from the hospital later today.
With the Maple Leafs starting the season 3-0-0, that should help him feel better no matter what. The Maple Leafs host the Colorado Avalanche on Tuesday night.
UPDATE (1:30 p.m. ET): The Maple Leafs PR department released a statement on Nonis via Twitter.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)