Oct 6, 2013, 1:52 PM EST
Vancouver Canucks fans will finally get their first look at Roberto Luongo‘s new backup.
Lack comes in highly touted and the reason why the Canucks felt comfortable in dealing Cory Schneider to New Jersey during the NHL Draft. In injury-shortened duty last season, he was average playing for AHL Chicago. His previous two seasons there, however, were outstanding.
At 25 years old, Lack should be ready for NHL action but anyone making their first start in the league is bound to have some bumps in the road early on.
With the way the Flames have been able to score goals early on this season (eight in two games), Lack could be in for a rough night if he’s not sharp. That would go over just great with the Canucks faithful.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 10
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 26
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)