Oct 6, 2013, 1:52 PM EST
Vancouver Canucks fans will finally get their first look at Roberto Luongo‘s new backup.
Lack comes in highly touted and the reason why the Canucks felt comfortable in dealing Cory Schneider to New Jersey during the NHL Draft. In injury-shortened duty last season, he was average playing for AHL Chicago. His previous two seasons there, however, were outstanding.
At 25 years old, Lack should be ready for NHL action but anyone making their first start in the league is bound to have some bumps in the road early on.
With the way the Flames have been able to score goals early on this season (eight in two games), Lack could be in for a rough night if he’s not sharp. That would go over just great with the Canucks faithful.
- Mike Richards clears waivers 4
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 4
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)