Oct 6, 2013, 1:52 PM EST
Vancouver Canucks fans will finally get their first look at Roberto Luongo‘s new backup.
Lack comes in highly touted and the reason why the Canucks felt comfortable in dealing Cory Schneider to New Jersey during the NHL Draft. In injury-shortened duty last season, he was average playing for AHL Chicago. His previous two seasons there, however, were outstanding.
At 25 years old, Lack should be ready for NHL action but anyone making their first start in the league is bound to have some bumps in the road early on.
With the way the Flames have been able to score goals early on this season (eight in two games), Lack could be in for a rough night if he’s not sharp. That would go over just great with the Canucks faithful.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 1
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 25
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)