Oct 6, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT
Vancouver Canucks fans will finally get their first look at Roberto Luongo‘s new backup.
Lack comes in highly touted and the reason why the Canucks felt comfortable in dealing Cory Schneider to New Jersey during the NHL Draft. In injury-shortened duty last season, he was average playing for AHL Chicago. His previous two seasons there, however, were outstanding.
At 25 years old, Lack should be ready for NHL action but anyone making their first start in the league is bound to have some bumps in the road early on.
With the way the Flames have been able to score goals early on this season (eight in two games), Lack could be in for a rough night if he’s not sharp. That would go over just great with the Canucks faithful.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21