Oct 6, 2013, 10:27 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks announced that Kyle Palmieri suffered an upper-body injury during Sunday’s game against the Winnipeg Jets and won’t return.
Kyle Palmieri has upper-body injury and won’t return for Ducks.
— Eric Stephens (@icemancometh) October 7, 2013
No word yet on whether there’s any controversy surrounding Byfuglien’s check.
Palmieri hasn’t managed a point in two games (plus change) yet this season.
The 2012-13 season was the best of his brief NHL career so far, as he set career highs in goals (10), assists (11), points (21) and games played (42).
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 5
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 3
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 46
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 18
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (72)