Oct 6, 2013, 10:27 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks announced that Kyle Palmieri suffered an upper-body injury during Sunday’s game against the Winnipeg Jets and won’t return.
Kyle Palmieri has upper-body injury and won’t return for Ducks.
— Eric Stephens (@icemancometh) October 7, 2013
No word yet on whether there’s any controversy surrounding Byfuglien’s check.
Palmieri hasn’t managed a point in two games (plus change) yet this season.
The 2012-13 season was the best of his brief NHL career so far, as he set career highs in goals (10), assists (11), points (21) and games played (42).
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 10
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 23
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 22
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)