Oct 6, 2013, 10:27 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks announced that Kyle Palmieri suffered an upper-body injury during Sunday’s game against the Winnipeg Jets and won’t return.
Kyle Palmieri has upper-body injury and won’t return for Ducks.
— Eric Stephens (@icemancometh) October 7, 2013
No word yet on whether there’s any controversy surrounding Byfuglien’s check.
Palmieri hasn’t managed a point in two games (plus change) yet this season.
The 2012-13 season was the best of his brief NHL career so far, as he set career highs in goals (10), assists (11), points (21) and games played (42).
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40