Oct 6, 2013, 10:27 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks announced that Kyle Palmieri suffered an upper-body injury during Sunday’s game against the Winnipeg Jets and won’t return.
Kyle Palmieri has upper-body injury and won’t return for Ducks.
— Eric Stephens (@icemancometh) October 7, 2013
No word yet on whether there’s any controversy surrounding Byfuglien’s check.
Palmieri hasn’t managed a point in two games (plus change) yet this season.
The 2012-13 season was the best of his brief NHL career so far, as he set career highs in goals (10), assists (11), points (21) and games played (42).
- Clarkson to have hearing for Sobotka headshot 0
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 68
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 86
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)