Oct 5, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild rallied from a two-goal deficit against Anaheim on Saturday, but might’ve suffered a big loss in the process.
Coyle, 21, was apparently hurt on a hit from Ducks forward Andrew Cogliano. He tried to stick around and get back in the contest, but eventually ended his night after playing 11 shifts for just 9:16 of ice time.
Coyle is a key figure for the Wild and was being leaned upon heavily in his second professional season. He opened the year centering Minnesota’s second line and second power-play unit.
As mentioned above, Minnesota fell behind on Saturday night 2-0, but did come back to force overtime. The Ducks ended up winning the game 4-3 after Mathieu Perreault scored with 4.3 seconds left in the extra frame, his first goal in an Anaheim uniform.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)