Oct 5, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild rallied from a two-goal deficit against Anaheim on Saturday, but might’ve suffered a big loss in the process.
Coyle, 21, was apparently hurt on a hit from Ducks forward Andrew Cogliano. He tried to stick around and get back in the contest, but eventually ended his night after playing 11 shifts for just 9:16 of ice time.
Coyle is a key figure for the Wild and was being leaned upon heavily in his second professional season. He opened the year centering Minnesota’s second line and second power-play unit.
As mentioned above, Minnesota fell behind on Saturday night 2-0, but did come back to force overtime. The Ducks ended up winning the game 4-3 after Mathieu Perreault scored with 4.3 seconds left in the extra frame, his first goal in an Anaheim uniform.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)