Oct 5, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild rallied from a two-goal deficit against Anaheim on Saturday, but might’ve suffered a big loss in the process.
Coyle, 21, was apparently hurt on a hit from Ducks forward Andrew Cogliano. He tried to stick around and get back in the contest, but eventually ended his night after playing 11 shifts for just 9:16 of ice time.
Coyle is a key figure for the Wild and was being leaned upon heavily in his second professional season. He opened the year centering Minnesota’s second line and second power-play unit.
As mentioned above, Minnesota fell behind on Saturday night 2-0, but did come back to force overtime. The Ducks ended up winning the game 4-3 after Mathieu Perreault scored with 4.3 seconds left in the extra frame, his first goal in an Anaheim uniform.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)