Oct 5, 2013, 10:57 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild rallied from a two-goal deficit against Anaheim on Saturday, but might’ve suffered a big loss in the process.
Coyle, 21, was apparently hurt on a hit from Ducks forward Andrew Cogliano. He tried to stick around and get back in the contest, but eventually ended his night after playing 11 shifts for just 9:16 of ice time.
Coyle is a key figure for the Wild and was being leaned upon heavily in his second professional season. He opened the year centering Minnesota’s second line and second power-play unit.
As mentioned above, Minnesota fell behind on Saturday night 2-0, but did come back to force overtime. The Ducks ended up winning the game 4-3 after Mathieu Perreault scored with 4.3 seconds left in the extra frame, his first goal in an Anaheim uniform.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 5
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)