Oct 5, 2013, 10:57 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild rallied from a two-goal deficit against Anaheim on Saturday, but might’ve suffered a big loss in the process.
Coyle, 21, was apparently hurt on a hit from Ducks forward Andrew Cogliano. He tried to stick around and get back in the contest, but eventually ended his night after playing 11 shifts for just 9:16 of ice time.
Coyle is a key figure for the Wild and was being leaned upon heavily in his second professional season. He opened the year centering Minnesota’s second line and second power-play unit.
As mentioned above, Minnesota fell behind on Saturday night 2-0, but did come back to force overtime. The Ducks ended up winning the game 4-3 after Mathieu Perreault scored with 4.3 seconds left in the extra frame, his first goal in an Anaheim uniform.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 35
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)