Oct 5, 2013, 12:49 PM EST
The Nashville Predators have gotten off to an 0-2-0 start while scoring just three goals.
The sample size is small, but when the biggest question mark surrounding your team going into the season is your anemic offense and then it struggles out of the gate, that only makes the concern more blatant.
Predators coach Barry Trotz acknowledged the problem and feels his forwards need to be more self-motivated.
“I don’t know if I can get them going. It’s up to them to get them going,” coach Barry Trotz told the Tennessean. “There’s no magic dust I can throw over them and say you have to produce. They need to produce. That’s part of their role on this team, so they have to produce.”
It doesn’t help matters that two of the players that were supposed to bolster the Predators’ offense this season have been absent. Viktor Stalberg was hoping to serve in a top-six role this season after being a complimentary player in Chicago, but he’s dealing with a shoulder injury. The Predators have also been without promising rookie Filip Forsberg (lower body).
After playing their opening two games on the road, the Predators will begin a five-game homestand on Tuesday against the Minnesota Wild.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 94
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (95)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)