Oct 5, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
Miller, 33, isn’t even dressing for Saturday’s game. Instead, Jhonas Enroth is starting with Matt Hackett serving as his backup based on an emergency call-up.
Head coach Ron Rolston doesn’t seem to think it’s a major issue, alluding to it as mere maintenance.
Through the first two games of the season, one could argue that Miller was close to the lone bright spot for Buffalo. The Sabres have lost both games, scoring just one point while Miller allowed three goals on a whopping 80 shots, including Friday’s 45-for-46 masterpiece.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 16
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 23
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 33
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)