Oct 5, 2013, 7:11 PM EST
Miller, 33, isn’t even dressing for Saturday’s game. Instead, Jhonas Enroth is starting with Matt Hackett serving as his backup based on an emergency call-up.
Head coach Ron Rolston doesn’t seem to think it’s a major issue, alluding to it as mere maintenance.
Through the first two games of the season, one could argue that Miller was close to the lone bright spot for Buffalo. The Sabres have lost both games, scoring just one point while Miller allowed three goals on a whopping 80 shots, including Friday’s 45-for-46 masterpiece.
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 5
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 45
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63