Oct 5, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
Miller, 33, isn’t even dressing for Saturday’s game. Instead, Jhonas Enroth is starting with Matt Hackett serving as his backup based on an emergency call-up.
Head coach Ron Rolston doesn’t seem to think it’s a major issue, alluding to it as mere maintenance.
Through the first two games of the season, one could argue that Miller was close to the lone bright spot for Buffalo. The Sabres have lost both games, scoring just one point while Miller allowed three goals on a whopping 80 shots, including Friday’s 45-for-46 masterpiece.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25