Oct 5, 2013, 1:36 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller turned aside 45 of 46 shots on Friday, but his team still lost and now it looks like he sustained a lower-body injury as well.
Miller missed Saturday’s morning skate and the Sabres have called up goaltender Matt Hackett from AHL Rochester, according to John Vogl of the Buffalo News and the Sabres. Fortunately, the news could be far worse.
Sabres GM Darcy Regier told Vogl that the ailment is “not serious, very short term in nature.”
Jhonas Enroth will get the start, which was projected to happen even before Miller suffered an injury, while Hackett will warm the bench.
They have consequently summoned 29-year-old defenseman Alexander Sulzer.
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 23
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 14
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 2
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 54
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (56)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)