Oct 5, 2013, 1:36 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller turned aside 45 of 46 shots on Friday, but his team still lost and now it looks like he sustained a lower-body injury as well.
Miller missed Saturday’s morning skate and the Sabres have called up goaltender Matt Hackett from AHL Rochester, according to John Vogl of the Buffalo News and the Sabres. Fortunately, the news could be far worse.
Sabres GM Darcy Regier told Vogl that the ailment is “not serious, very short term in nature.”
Jhonas Enroth will get the start, which was projected to happen even before Miller suffered an injury, while Hackett will warm the bench.
They have consequently summoned 29-year-old defenseman Alexander Sulzer.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40