Oct 5, 2013, 1:36 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller turned aside 45 of 46 shots on Friday, but his team still lost and now it looks like he sustained a lower-body injury as well.
Miller missed Saturday’s morning skate and the Sabres have called up goaltender Matt Hackett from AHL Rochester, according to John Vogl of the Buffalo News and the Sabres. Fortunately, the news could be far worse.
Sabres GM Darcy Regier told Vogl that the ailment is “not serious, very short term in nature.”
Jhonas Enroth will get the start, which was projected to happen even before Miller suffered an injury, while Hackett will warm the bench.
They have consequently summoned 29-year-old defenseman Alexander Sulzer.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 11
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 28
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)