Oct 5, 2013, 1:36 PM EST
Buffalo Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller turned aside 45 of 46 shots on Friday, but his team still lost and now it looks like he sustained a lower-body injury as well.
Miller missed Saturday’s morning skate and the Sabres have called up goaltender Matt Hackett from AHL Rochester, according to John Vogl of the Buffalo News and the Sabres. Fortunately, the news could be far worse.
Sabres GM Darcy Regier told Vogl that the ailment is “not serious, very short term in nature.”
Jhonas Enroth will get the start, which was projected to happen even before Miller suffered an injury, while Hackett will warm the bench.
They have consequently summoned 29-year-old defenseman Alexander Sulzer.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (81)