Oct 5, 2013, 1:36 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller turned aside 45 of 46 shots on Friday, but his team still lost and now it looks like he sustained a lower-body injury as well.
Miller missed Saturday’s morning skate and the Sabres have called up goaltender Matt Hackett from AHL Rochester, according to John Vogl of the Buffalo News and the Sabres. Fortunately, the news could be far worse.
Sabres GM Darcy Regier told Vogl that the ailment is “not serious, very short term in nature.”
Jhonas Enroth will get the start, which was projected to happen even before Miller suffered an injury, while Hackett will warm the bench.
They have consequently summoned 29-year-old defenseman Alexander Sulzer.
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 17
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)