Oct 5, 2013, 12:14 AM EDT
Downie: tripping (20 seconds into second period)
Charging (9:21 into second period)
Charging again (12:10 into second period)
Roughing, twice (9:28 into the third)
From Colorado’s perspective, it might have been P.A. Parenteau’s night. He scored two goals (albeit one an empty-netter) to help the Avs win.
That’s not to say that the two rookies were lost out there.
MacKinnon collected a secondary assist, fired two shots and logged 17:14 minuts of ice time. Jones didn’t generate a whole lot, with just one shot and a -1 rating in 25:46 minutes.
While their numbers aren’t eye-popping, they still seem like they belong at the NHL already, so both fan bases should be pleased.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7