Oct 5, 2013, 12:14 AM EST
Downie: tripping (20 seconds into second period)
Charging (9:21 into second period)
Charging again (12:10 into second period)
Roughing, twice (9:28 into the third)
From Colorado’s perspective, it might have been P.A. Parenteau’s night. He scored two goals (albeit one an empty-netter) to help the Avs win.
That’s not to say that the two rookies were lost out there.
MacKinnon collected a secondary assist, fired two shots and logged 17:14 minuts of ice time. Jones didn’t generate a whole lot, with just one shot and a -1 rating in 25:46 minutes.
While their numbers aren’t eye-popping, they still seem like they belong at the NHL already, so both fan bases should be pleased.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 3
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 64
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 68
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 63
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 37
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 70
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 170
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (170)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (72)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) (72)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (68)