Oct 5, 2013, 10:07 PM EDT
Update: This round definitely goes to Jonathan Bernier. He stopped all 15 shots he faced between regulation and overtime along with both Ottawa Senators shootout attempts as the Toronto Maple Leafs came back from down 4-2 to win 5-4 (SO).
James Reimer started in the Leafs net on Saturday, but Bernier might finish with the advantage.
Head coach Randy Carlyle decided to give Reimer the hook midway through the second period after the Ottawa Senators beat him four times on 21 shots.
Specifically, allowing two goals in 15 seconds is what did Reimer in.
Moments later, Jason Spezza‘s tally was the last straw for Carlyle:
Big-picture, it’s likely that this will be a seesaw battle for a good chunk of – if not all of – the 2013-14 season.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7