Oct 5, 2013, 10:07 PM EDT
Update: This round definitely goes to Jonathan Bernier. He stopped all 15 shots he faced between regulation and overtime along with both Ottawa Senators shootout attempts as the Toronto Maple Leafs came back from down 4-2 to win 5-4 (SO).
James Reimer started in the Leafs net on Saturday, but Bernier might finish with the advantage.
Head coach Randy Carlyle decided to give Reimer the hook midway through the second period after the Ottawa Senators beat him four times on 21 shots.
Specifically, allowing two goals in 15 seconds is what did Reimer in.
Moments later, Jason Spezza‘s tally was the last straw for Carlyle:
Big-picture, it’s likely that this will be a seesaw battle for a good chunk of – if not all of – the 2013-14 season.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 1
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 94
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 11
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (91)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)