Oct 5, 2013, 10:07 PM EST
Update: This round definitely goes to Jonathan Bernier. He stopped all 15 shots he faced between regulation and overtime along with both Ottawa Senators shootout attempts as the Toronto Maple Leafs came back from down 4-2 to win 5-4 (SO).
James Reimer started in the Leafs net on Saturday, but Bernier might finish with the advantage.
Head coach Randy Carlyle decided to give Reimer the hook midway through the second period after the Ottawa Senators beat him four times on 21 shots.
Specifically, allowing two goals in 15 seconds is what did Reimer in.
Moments later, Jason Spezza‘s tally was the last straw for Carlyle:
Big-picture, it’s likely that this will be a seesaw battle for a good chunk of – if not all of – the 2013-14 season.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 2
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 107
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (110)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)