Oct 5, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
Nikolai Kulemin recorded a pair of assists in two games, but his season was put on hold after he blocked a shot during Friday’s practice. The Toronto Maple Leafs forward will be sidelined for at least two weeks due to a small broken bone in his ankle, according to Sportsnet.
Kulemin could have theoretically played through the injury because it’s not displaced, but his doctors didn’t want to take that chance.
Abbott, who will be making his NHL debut tonight against the Ottawa Senators, was a dominant player in the University of Maine and he recorded 33 points in 55 games as an AHL rookie last season.
In light of Kulemin news, he has officially been placed on the IR… Retroactive to Thursday being his first day. #Leafs
— David Alter (@DavidAlter590) October 5, 2013
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 15
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 20
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 29
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)