Oct 5, 2013, 12:55 PM EST
Nikolai Kulemin recorded a pair of assists in two games, but his season was put on hold after he blocked a shot during Friday’s practice. The Toronto Maple Leafs forward will be sidelined for at least two weeks due to a small broken bone in his ankle, according to Sportsnet.
Kulemin could have theoretically played through the injury because it’s not displaced, but his doctors didn’t want to take that chance.
Abbott, who will be making his NHL debut tonight against the Ottawa Senators, was a dominant player in the University of Maine and he recorded 33 points in 55 games as an AHL rookie last season.
In light of Kulemin news, he has officially been placed on the IR… Retroactive to Thursday being his first day. #Leafs
— David Alter (@DavidAlter590) October 5, 2013
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 0
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 17
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 29
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)