Oct 5, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
Nikolai Kulemin recorded a pair of assists in two games, but his season was put on hold after he blocked a shot during Friday’s practice. The Toronto Maple Leafs forward will be sidelined for at least two weeks due to a small broken bone in his ankle, according to Sportsnet.
Kulemin could have theoretically played through the injury because it’s not displaced, but his doctors didn’t want to take that chance.
Abbott, who will be making his NHL debut tonight against the Ottawa Senators, was a dominant player in the University of Maine and he recorded 33 points in 55 games as an AHL rookie last season.
In light of Kulemin news, he has officially been placed on the IR… Retroactive to Thursday being his first day. #Leafs
— David Alter (@DavidAlter590) October 5, 2013
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 9
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 9
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)