Oct 5, 2013, 11:48 PM EST
Jaroslav Halak might not end up being a Hall of Fame netminder — but on Saturday night, he eclipsed one.
Halak passed legendary ‘tender Glen Hall for the most shutouts (17) in Blues history with a 7-0 blanking of Florida at the Scotttrade Center. This comes after Halak had already surpassed two other Hall of Fame goalies on the Blues’ all-time list: Jacques Plante (who had 10) and Grant Fuhr (11).
Here’s more, from the Blues:
Halak, 28, recorded his 17th shutout in just his 121st game as a Blue giving him a shutout per games played ratio (one in every 7.11) that leads all NHL goaltenders since he joined the club in June, 2010.
The Bratislava, Czech Republic native began his Blues career on a torrid pace, posting three shutouts in his first nine games eclipsing Jacques Plante as the quickest goaltender in club history to record three shutouts (Plante recorded three shutouts in 11 games in 1968).
Halak entered this season as St. Louis’ clear-cut No. 1 netminder after sharing the goal with Brian Elliott over the last two seasons, and the decision has paid off handsomely. He’s a perfect 2-0-0 to start the year and has allowed just two goals on 49 shots — on Thursday, he began the campaign by stopping 28 of 30 in a 4-2 win over Nashville.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 17
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 28
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)