Oct 5, 2013, 11:48 PM EDT
Jaroslav Halak might not end up being a Hall of Fame netminder — but on Saturday night, he eclipsed one.
Halak passed legendary ‘tender Glen Hall for the most shutouts (17) in Blues history with a 7-0 blanking of Florida at the Scotttrade Center. This comes after Halak had already surpassed two other Hall of Fame goalies on the Blues’ all-time list: Jacques Plante (who had 10) and Grant Fuhr (11).
Here’s more, from the Blues:
Halak, 28, recorded his 17th shutout in just his 121st game as a Blue giving him a shutout per games played ratio (one in every 7.11) that leads all NHL goaltenders since he joined the club in June, 2010.
The Bratislava, Czech Republic native began his Blues career on a torrid pace, posting three shutouts in his first nine games eclipsing Jacques Plante as the quickest goaltender in club history to record three shutouts (Plante recorded three shutouts in 11 games in 1968).
Halak entered this season as St. Louis’ clear-cut No. 1 netminder after sharing the goal with Brian Elliott over the last two seasons, and the decision has paid off handsomely. He’s a perfect 2-0-0 to start the year and has allowed just two goals on 49 shots — on Thursday, he began the campaign by stopping 28 of 30 in a 4-2 win over Nashville.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 42
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)