Oct 5, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
“I take issue with that [hit],” Nashville forward Paul Gaustad said, according to the Denver Post’s Adrian Dater. “He’s one of those players who looks for the crowd to cheer him on or something like that, I don’t know… it was a dumb hit and we know who did it. We play these guys several times this year.”
If you missed the hit previously, here it is:
Downie received two minutes for charging while Nashville’s Shea Weber ended up with a double minor for roughing. Meanwhile Josi has an upper-body injury.
Predators coach Barry Trotz called it the type of hit the league’s trying to get rid of, while Avalanche coach Patrick Roy praised Downie for his leadership and composure.
These two teams will meet again on Nov. 6.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)