Oct 5, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
“I take issue with that [hit],” Nashville forward Paul Gaustad said, according to the Denver Post’s Adrian Dater. “He’s one of those players who looks for the crowd to cheer him on or something like that, I don’t know… it was a dumb hit and we know who did it. We play these guys several times this year.”
If you missed the hit previously, here it is:
Downie received two minutes for charging while Nashville’s Shea Weber ended up with a double minor for roughing. Meanwhile Josi has an upper-body injury.
Predators coach Barry Trotz called it the type of hit the league’s trying to get rid of, while Avalanche coach Patrick Roy praised Downie for his leadership and composure.
These two teams will meet again on Nov. 6.
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 3
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 2
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)