Oct 5, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
“I take issue with that [hit],” Nashville forward Paul Gaustad said, according to the Denver Post’s Adrian Dater. “He’s one of those players who looks for the crowd to cheer him on or something like that, I don’t know… it was a dumb hit and we know who did it. We play these guys several times this year.”
If you missed the hit previously, here it is:
Downie received two minutes for charging while Nashville’s Shea Weber ended up with a double minor for roughing. Meanwhile Josi has an upper-body injury.
Predators coach Barry Trotz called it the type of hit the league’s trying to get rid of, while Avalanche coach Patrick Roy praised Downie for his leadership and composure.
These two teams will meet again on Nov. 6.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 32
- Mike Richards clears waivers 31
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 14
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 54
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)