Oct 5, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
“I take issue with that [hit],” Nashville forward Paul Gaustad said, according to the Denver Post’s Adrian Dater. “He’s one of those players who looks for the crowd to cheer him on or something like that, I don’t know… it was a dumb hit and we know who did it. We play these guys several times this year.”
If you missed the hit previously, here it is:
Downie received two minutes for charging while Nashville’s Shea Weber ended up with a double minor for roughing. Meanwhile Josi has an upper-body injury.
Predators coach Barry Trotz called it the type of hit the league’s trying to get rid of, while Avalanche coach Patrick Roy praised Downie for his leadership and composure.
These two teams will meet again on Nov. 6.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)