Oct 5, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for John Tortorella’s “everyone blocks shots” policy to claim a high-profile victim, as Alex Burrows will miss a couple weeks with a leg injury resulting from doing just that. Tortorella didn’t flinch when discussing it, as the Vancouver Province’s Jason Botchford reports.
Torts: If Burrows doesn’t make that play, he’d probably never play a 5-on-3 again here.
— Jason Botchford (@botchford) October 5, 2013
For better or worse, Tortorella is confident in his strategies and policies, which will surely make for some press conference fireworks in his new market.
The Vancouver Canucks blocked 22 shots in a 4-1 loss to the San Jose Sharks on Thursday. Burrows and Alexander Edler‘s three blocked shots tied for second that night, with only Christopher Tanev‘s five topping them.
For those who are very much against star players “sacrificing their bodies” in front of slappers, at least the Sedin twins didn’t register a single blocked shot. Yet.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 0
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 3
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 9
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 8
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)