Oct 5, 2013, 10:12 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are 2-for-2 in getting big-name goalies pulled so far this season.
They did it to Pekka Rinne early in the first period of Thursday’s win against the Nashville Predators and the Blues managed to do so again on Saturday, as Tim Thomas couldn’t make it through all of tonight’s game. He was pulled after allowing five goals on 28 shots through two periods.
If it makes Thomas feel any better, Jacob Markstrom allowed two goals on four shots. Maybe the Blues are just that good.
Still, this could also serve as a “Welcome back, it’s not going to be so easy” moment for Thomas.
It’s currently 7-0 Blues, in case you were wondering.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 36
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (38)