Oct 5, 2013, 10:12 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are 2-for-2 in getting big-name goalies pulled so far this season.
They did it to Pekka Rinne early in the first period of Thursday’s win against the Nashville Predators and the Blues managed to do so again on Saturday, as Tim Thomas couldn’t make it through all of tonight’s game. He was pulled after allowing five goals on 28 shots through two periods.
If it makes Thomas feel any better, Jacob Markstrom allowed two goals on four shots. Maybe the Blues are just that good.
Still, this could also serve as a “Welcome back, it’s not going to be so easy” moment for Thomas.
It’s currently 7-0 Blues, in case you were wondering.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17