Oct 5, 2013, 10:12 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are 2-for-2 in getting big-name goalies pulled so far this season.
They did it to Pekka Rinne early in the first period of Thursday’s win against the Nashville Predators and the Blues managed to do so again on Saturday, as Tim Thomas couldn’t make it through all of tonight’s game. He was pulled after allowing five goals on 28 shots through two periods.
If it makes Thomas feel any better, Jacob Markstrom allowed two goals on four shots. Maybe the Blues are just that good.
Still, this could also serve as a “Welcome back, it’s not going to be so easy” moment for Thomas.
It’s currently 7-0 Blues, in case you were wondering.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5