Oct 5, 2013, 10:12 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are 2-for-2 in getting big-name goalies pulled so far this season.
They did it to Pekka Rinne early in the first period of Thursday’s win against the Nashville Predators and the Blues managed to do so again on Saturday, as Tim Thomas couldn’t make it through all of tonight’s game. He was pulled after allowing five goals on 28 shots through two periods.
If it makes Thomas feel any better, Jacob Markstrom allowed two goals on four shots. Maybe the Blues are just that good.
Still, this could also serve as a “Welcome back, it’s not going to be so easy” moment for Thomas.
It’s currently 7-0 Blues, in case you were wondering.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)