Oct 4, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater believes that a suspension could be coming for Downie, 26, who’s had a history of hockey violence.
Possibility of suspension will lurk for Steve Downie after hit on Josi that knocked him out of game
— adater (@adater) October 5, 2013
Some believe that Josi might have suffered a concussion (common upper-body speak).
If so, it’s a rough blow for the Preds. They’ve been getting hit hard with injuries so far, but mainly among their forwards. He might not be a household name, but the 23-year-old defenseman is a big piece for Nashville; they handed him a seven-year contract that’s comparable to the one Los Angeles signed with Slava Voynov.
Downie received three penalties already tonight, two of which were for charging. The Avalanche would lose out significantly if he misses time, too, as he was getting some shifts alongside Matt Duchene.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 20
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 51
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39