Oct 4, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater believes that a suspension could be coming for Downie, 26, who’s had a history of hockey violence.
Possibility of suspension will lurk for Steve Downie after hit on Josi that knocked him out of game
— adater (@adater) October 5, 2013
Some believe that Josi might have suffered a concussion (common upper-body speak).
If so, it’s a rough blow for the Preds. They’ve been getting hit hard with injuries so far, but mainly among their forwards. He might not be a household name, but the 23-year-old defenseman is a big piece for Nashville; they handed him a seven-year contract that’s comparable to the one Los Angeles signed with Slava Voynov.
Downie received three penalties already tonight, two of which were for charging. The Avalanche would lose out significantly if he misses time, too, as he was getting some shifts alongside Matt Duchene.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 11
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 28
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 17
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 57
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39