Oct 4, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater believes that a suspension could be coming for Downie, 26, who’s had a history of hockey violence.
Possibility of suspension will lurk for Steve Downie after hit on Josi that knocked him out of game
— adater (@adater) October 5, 2013
Some believe that Josi might have suffered a concussion (common upper-body speak).
If so, it’s a rough blow for the Preds. They’ve been getting hit hard with injuries so far, but mainly among their forwards. He might not be a household name, but the 23-year-old defenseman is a big piece for Nashville; they handed him a seven-year contract that’s comparable to the one Los Angeles signed with Slava Voynov.
Downie received three penalties already tonight, two of which were for charging. The Avalanche would lose out significantly if he misses time, too, as he was getting some shifts alongside Matt Duchene.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)