Oct 4, 2013, 9:58 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars and Florida Panthers are going into this season with a lot to prove and it showed early in their season opener on Thursday.
After the dust settled, 50 penalty minutes were handed out, Kulikov and Garbutt were booted from the game, and the Panthers were awarded a power play on the strength of Roussel’s instigator penalty.
You can view the fight below:
Florida didn’t capitalize on the power play that followed, but they did earn a 4-2 victory thanks in part to Tim Thomas’ efforts. It’s a great start for a Panthers’ team that’s hoping to get right back into the playoffs after a disappointing 2013 campaign.
Meanwhile, GM Jim Nill’s revamped Stars will look to rebound on Saturday against the Washington Capitals.
- Wild hand Bryzgalov a training camp tryout 0
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 12
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 5
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)