Oct 4, 2013, 9:58 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars and Florida Panthers are going into this season with a lot to prove and it showed early in their season opener on Thursday.
After the dust settled, 50 penalty minutes were handed out, Kulikov and Garbutt were booted from the game, and the Panthers were awarded a power play on the strength of Roussel’s instigator penalty.
You can view the fight below:
Florida didn’t capitalize on the power play that followed, but they did earn a 4-2 victory thanks in part to Tim Thomas’ efforts. It’s a great start for a Panthers’ team that’s hoping to get right back into the playoffs after a disappointing 2013 campaign.
Meanwhile, GM Jim Nill’s revamped Stars will look to rebound on Saturday against the Washington Capitals.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 8
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)