Oct 4, 2013, 2:12 AM EDT
The regular season coaching debuts of Alain Vigneault and John Tortorella with their new teams had both been highly publicized.
But it didn’t quite go as either may have planned, as both coaches were behind the bench for respective 4-1 losses on Thursday.
The Rangers lost by that score to the Phoenix Coyotes, while the Canucks lost in San Jose.
“We didn’t execute,” Vigneault said afterward, according to the New York Times.
Tortorella, who is in the midst of introducing a new system to the Canucks, liked what he saw from his team in certain areas, and didn’t like from his team in others.
“We have a lot to learn as far as tenacity. There were some good things and there were some teachable things,” said Tortorella, as per Vancouver Sun columnist Iain MacIntyre.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 6
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 4
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 73
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 66
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)