Oct 4, 2013, 4:26 PM EST
Alex Burrows didn’t practice Friday, but the Canucks’ forward is tentatively expected in the lineup tomorrow at home to the Oilers, according to Vancouver head coach John Tortorella.
Per Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy, Burrows was given a maintenance day today after getting hurt in last night’s 4-1 loss in San Jose.
Burrows was reportedly “limping badly” after the Sharks game, possibly a result of blocking a shot during a 5-on-3 penalty kill in the second period.
If Burrows can’t go tomorrow, it would leave the Canucks short two wingers, as Zack Kassian still has four games remaining on his suspension.
Vancouver also plays Sunday in Calgary.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46