Oct 4, 2013, 4:26 PM EDT
Alex Burrows didn’t practice Friday, but the Canucks’ forward is tentatively expected in the lineup tomorrow at home to the Oilers, according to Vancouver head coach John Tortorella.
Per Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy, Burrows was given a maintenance day today after getting hurt in last night’s 4-1 loss in San Jose.
Burrows was reportedly “limping badly” after the Sharks game, possibly a result of blocking a shot during a 5-on-3 penalty kill in the second period.
If Burrows can’t go tomorrow, it would leave the Canucks short two wingers, as Zack Kassian still has four games remaining on his suspension.
Vancouver also plays Sunday in Calgary.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)