Oct 4, 2013, 4:26 PM EST
Alex Burrows didn’t practice Friday, but the Canucks’ forward is tentatively expected in the lineup tomorrow at home to the Oilers, according to Vancouver head coach John Tortorella.
Per Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy, Burrows was given a maintenance day today after getting hurt in last night’s 4-1 loss in San Jose.
Burrows was reportedly “limping badly” after the Sharks game, possibly a result of blocking a shot during a 5-on-3 penalty kill in the second period.
If Burrows can’t go tomorrow, it would leave the Canucks short two wingers, as Zack Kassian still has four games remaining on his suspension.
Vancouver also plays Sunday in Calgary.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)