Oct 4, 2013, 4:26 PM EDT
Alex Burrows didn’t practice Friday, but the Canucks’ forward is tentatively expected in the lineup tomorrow at home to the Oilers, according to Vancouver head coach John Tortorella.
Per Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy, Burrows was given a maintenance day today after getting hurt in last night’s 4-1 loss in San Jose.
Burrows was reportedly “limping badly” after the Sharks game, possibly a result of blocking a shot during a 5-on-3 penalty kill in the second period.
If Burrows can’t go tomorrow, it would leave the Canucks short two wingers, as Zack Kassian still has four games remaining on his suspension.
Vancouver also plays Sunday in Calgary.
Ice time for Canucks' fourth-liners last night: Weise 4:49, Sestito 3:28, Dalpe 3:19.—
Jason Brough (@JasonPHT) October 04, 2013
- Blackhawks beat Red Wings, lose Saad to injury 0
- Rangers foiled by Sharks’ Niemi, controversial no-goal 14
- Blues’ Tarasenko will undergo hand surgery, out at least six weeks 3
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 8
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 17
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 3
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)