Oct 4, 2013, 4:26 PM EDT
Alex Burrows didn’t practice Friday, but the Canucks’ forward is tentatively expected in the lineup tomorrow at home to the Oilers, according to Vancouver head coach John Tortorella.
Per Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy, Burrows was given a maintenance day today after getting hurt in last night’s 4-1 loss in San Jose.
Burrows was reportedly “limping badly” after the Sharks game, possibly a result of blocking a shot during a 5-on-3 penalty kill in the second period.
If Burrows can’t go tomorrow, it would leave the Canucks short two wingers, as Zack Kassian still has four games remaining on his suspension.
Vancouver also plays Sunday in Calgary.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 35
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)