Oct 4, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
Minor roster move to pass along — the San Jose Sharks have recalled forward John McCarthy from AHL Worcester and assigned forward Matt Pelech to the farm.
From CSN Bay Area:
Pelech played in San Jose’s season opener against Vancouver, logging just five minutes and one second of ice time in a fourth line role.
McCarthy, 27, had nine goals and 16 assists in 65 games with Worcester last season. He is the Worcester Sharks’ captain.
In 51 career NHL games over three seasons, all with the Sharks, McCarthy has two goals and two assists for four points and 18 penalty minutes.
McCarthy got the call ahead of 21-year-old rookie Freddie Hamilton, who will have to wait to make his NHL debut.
San Jose’s next game is Saturday at home to the Phoenix Coyotes.
In the meantime, the Sharks are trying not to worry about their power play, which went 0-for-7 in last night’s 4-1 win over the Canucks.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 24
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 23
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)