Oct 4, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Minor roster move to pass along — the San Jose Sharks have recalled forward John McCarthy from AHL Worcester and assigned forward Matt Pelech to the farm.
From CSN Bay Area:
Pelech played in San Jose’s season opener against Vancouver, logging just five minutes and one second of ice time in a fourth line role.
McCarthy, 27, had nine goals and 16 assists in 65 games with Worcester last season. He is the Worcester Sharks’ captain.
In 51 career NHL games over three seasons, all with the Sharks, McCarthy has two goals and two assists for four points and 18 penalty minutes.
McCarthy got the call ahead of 21-year-old rookie Freddie Hamilton, who will have to wait to make his NHL debut.
San Jose’s next game is Saturday at home to the Phoenix Coyotes.
In the meantime, the Sharks are trying not to worry about their power play, which went 0-for-7 in last night’s 4-1 win over the Canucks.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)