Oct 4, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Minor roster move to pass along — the San Jose Sharks have recalled forward John McCarthy from AHL Worcester and assigned forward Matt Pelech to the farm.
From CSN Bay Area:
Pelech played in San Jose’s season opener against Vancouver, logging just five minutes and one second of ice time in a fourth line role.
McCarthy, 27, had nine goals and 16 assists in 65 games with Worcester last season. He is the Worcester Sharks’ captain.
In 51 career NHL games over three seasons, all with the Sharks, McCarthy has two goals and two assists for four points and 18 penalty minutes.
McCarthy got the call ahead of 21-year-old rookie Freddie Hamilton, who will have to wait to make his NHL debut.
San Jose’s next game is Saturday at home to the Phoenix Coyotes.
In the meantime, the Sharks are trying not to worry about their power play, which went 0-for-7 in last night’s 4-1 win over the Canucks.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13