Oct 4, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Minor roster move to pass along — the San Jose Sharks have recalled forward John McCarthy from AHL Worcester and assigned forward Matt Pelech to the farm.
From CSN Bay Area:
Pelech played in San Jose’s season opener against Vancouver, logging just five minutes and one second of ice time in a fourth line role.
McCarthy, 27, had nine goals and 16 assists in 65 games with Worcester last season. He is the Worcester Sharks’ captain.
In 51 career NHL games over three seasons, all with the Sharks, McCarthy has two goals and two assists for four points and 18 penalty minutes.
McCarthy got the call ahead of 21-year-old rookie Freddie Hamilton, who will have to wait to make his NHL debut.
San Jose’s next game is Saturday at home to the Phoenix Coyotes.
In the meantime, the Sharks are trying not to worry about their power play, which went 0-for-7 in last night’s 4-1 win over the Canucks.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 15
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 20
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 65
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 26
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)