Oct 4, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Minor roster move to pass along — the San Jose Sharks have recalled forward John McCarthy from AHL Worcester and assigned forward Matt Pelech to the farm.
From CSN Bay Area:
Pelech played in San Jose’s season opener against Vancouver, logging just five minutes and one second of ice time in a fourth line role.
McCarthy, 27, had nine goals and 16 assists in 65 games with Worcester last season. He is the Worcester Sharks’ captain.
In 51 career NHL games over three seasons, all with the Sharks, McCarthy has two goals and two assists for four points and 18 penalty minutes.
McCarthy got the call ahead of 21-year-old rookie Freddie Hamilton, who will have to wait to make his NHL debut.
San Jose’s next game is Saturday at home to the Phoenix Coyotes.
In the meantime, the Sharks are trying not to worry about their power play, which went 0-for-7 in last night’s 4-1 win over the Canucks.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 1
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 20
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 30
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)