Oct 4, 2013, 9:19 PM EST
The Nashville Predators’ offseason signings seemed to add more of the same this summer, but inking Viktor Stalberg produced almost universal approval. Unfortunately, he hasn’t been able to show off his skills for fans yet, but the good news is that Barry Trotz told the Tennessean’s Josh Cooper that Stalberg skated on Friday.
Stalberg, suffered a shoulder injury on Sept. 25, prompting an estimated return window between 3-4 weeks. We’re a little over a week in, so this might imply that he could fall in the shorter end of that range, if not return earlier.
Of course, everyone’s rehab is different, and these situations often lead to many setbacks.
Whenever he can come back, Stalberg could see a significant jump in opportunities from when he played with the Chicago Blackhawks.
He managed some very nice results even when he wasn’t given a substantial role. The best example came when he scored 22 goals and 43 points in 79 games in 2011-12 despite only receiving a little more than 14 minutes per game and about 30 seconds of power play time each night.
Could he become a legitimate producer once he leaves the Blackhawks and gets a more pronounced role elsewhere, like Andrew Ladd and Dustin Byfuglien? The Predators are hoping for that much … eventually.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 17
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)