Oct 4, 2013, 2:22 PM EST
Rich Peverley wasn’t able to make his Stars debut during their season opener. After coming to Dallas as part of the massive Tyler Seguin trade, Peverley was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat last month.
He’s projected to play on the fourth line with Antoine Roussel and Ryan Garbutt. The Stars have plenty of depth up the middle, which is probably part of the reason why Peverley is starting on the fourth line, but he is capable of chipping in offensively. He’s also superb on the draw as evidenced by his 58.5% faceoffs success rate last season.
Peverley will try to help the Stars move beyond their disappointing season opener against the Florida Panthers.
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 83
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 6
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 58
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (83)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (58)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)