Oct 4, 2013, 2:22 PM EDT
Rich Peverley wasn’t able to make his Stars debut during their season opener. After coming to Dallas as part of the massive Tyler Seguin trade, Peverley was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat last month.
He’s projected to play on the fourth line with Antoine Roussel and Ryan Garbutt. The Stars have plenty of depth up the middle, which is probably part of the reason why Peverley is starting on the fourth line, but he is capable of chipping in offensively. He’s also superb on the draw as evidenced by his 58.5% faceoffs success rate last season.
Peverley will try to help the Stars move beyond their disappointing season opener against the Florida Panthers.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)