Oct 4, 2013, 2:22 PM EST
Rich Peverley wasn’t able to make his Stars debut during their season opener. After coming to Dallas as part of the massive Tyler Seguin trade, Peverley was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat last month.
He’s projected to play on the fourth line with Antoine Roussel and Ryan Garbutt. The Stars have plenty of depth up the middle, which is probably part of the reason why Peverley is starting on the fourth line, but he is capable of chipping in offensively. He’s also superb on the draw as evidenced by his 58.5% faceoffs success rate last season.
Peverley will try to help the Stars move beyond their disappointing season opener against the Florida Panthers.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 152
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)