Oct 4, 2013, 2:22 PM EDT
Rich Peverley wasn’t able to make his Stars debut during their season opener. After coming to Dallas as part of the massive Tyler Seguin trade, Peverley was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat last month.
He’s projected to play on the fourth line with Antoine Roussel and Ryan Garbutt. The Stars have plenty of depth up the middle, which is probably part of the reason why Peverley is starting on the fourth line, but he is capable of chipping in offensively. He’s also superb on the draw as evidenced by his 58.5% faceoffs success rate last season.
Peverley will try to help the Stars move beyond their disappointing season opener against the Florida Panthers.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)