Oct 4, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Most hardcore fans would probably agree that Evander Kane is a talented player, but is he a star? He might just answer that question in 2013-14.
The 22-year-old WInnipeg Jets winger was everywhere against the Los Angeles Kings in his 5-3 win on Friday. Just look at that stat line:
One goal, two assists for three points, nine penalty minutes, +3 rating, seven shots and five hits in less than 15 minutes of ice time.
That’s double-take material. Here’s video of the three goals he was involved in on Friday:
First period goal by Kane:
Devin Setoguchi deflected his shot, giving Kane a primary assist:
Again, Kane did much of the work here, creating havoc to help Setoguchi score on the wraparound:
Are we seeing the young stud make a big leap? Maybe so.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)