Oct 4, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Most hardcore fans would probably agree that Evander Kane is a talented player, but is he a star? He might just answer that question in 2013-14.
The 22-year-old WInnipeg Jets winger was everywhere against the Los Angeles Kings in his 5-3 win on Friday. Just look at that stat line:
One goal, two assists for three points, nine penalty minutes, +3 rating, seven shots and five hits in less than 15 minutes of ice time.
That’s double-take material. Here’s video of the three goals he was involved in on Friday:
First period goal by Kane:
Devin Setoguchi deflected his shot, giving Kane a primary assist:
Again, Kane did much of the work here, creating havoc to help Setoguchi score on the wraparound:
Are we seeing the young stud make a big leap? Maybe so.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 29
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)