Oct 4, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Most hardcore fans would probably agree that Evander Kane is a talented player, but is he a star? He might just answer that question in 2013-14.
The 22-year-old WInnipeg Jets winger was everywhere against the Los Angeles Kings in his 5-3 win on Friday. Just look at that stat line:
One goal, two assists for three points, nine penalty minutes, +3 rating, seven shots and five hits in less than 15 minutes of ice time.
That’s double-take material. Here’s video of the three goals he was involved in on Friday:
First period goal by Kane:
Devin Setoguchi deflected his shot, giving Kane a primary assist:
Again, Kane did much of the work here, creating havoc to help Setoguchi score on the wraparound:
Are we seeing the young stud make a big leap? Maybe so.
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 25
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 66
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (66)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)