Oct 4, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Most hardcore fans would probably agree that Evander Kane is a talented player, but is he a star? He might just answer that question in 2013-14.
The 22-year-old WInnipeg Jets winger was everywhere against the Los Angeles Kings in his 5-3 win on Friday. Just look at that stat line:
One goal, two assists for three points, nine penalty minutes, +3 rating, seven shots and five hits in less than 15 minutes of ice time.
That’s double-take material. Here’s video of the three goals he was involved in on Friday:
First period goal by Kane:
Devin Setoguchi deflected his shot, giving Kane a primary assist:
Again, Kane did much of the work here, creating havoc to help Setoguchi score on the wraparound:
Are we seeing the young stud make a big leap? Maybe so.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 6
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 8
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)