Oct 4, 2013, 12:37 PM EST
The 23-year-old center’s potential inclusion was confirmed this morning by Flames coach Bob Hartley. It’s not entirely clear who Colborne would replace, but it’s worth noting that rookie forward Sean Monahan reportedly took a shot off his ankle at this morning’s skate and had to be helped off the ice. Center Matt Stajan may also be banged up.
Colborne was a healthy scratch in last night’s 5-4 shootout loss to the Caps in Washington. If he plays tonight, his debut will come a little sooner than the coaching staff wanted.
“The challenge is much bigger for Joe,” said Hartley, per the Calgary Herald. “It’s kind of an unfair situation because he didn’t get the three weeks of training camp, he didn’t get all the video sessions. Obviously, we sat with him and we were very clear that we would fast-forward him in order to cover the three weeks of camp. That’s one of the reasons he didn’t play last night. We sat him with Craig Conroy and Dominic Pittis — they were commentating the entire game to get him to realize (the Flames’ system).”
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 13
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 13
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35