Oct 4, 2013, 1:56 PM EST
Colorado Avalanche forward Gabriel Landeskog logged 16:07 minutes in the Avalanche’s season opener, but he missed Thursday’s practice and wasn’t on the ice today. Consequently, he won’t be available for tonight’s game against the Nashville Predators, according to the Denver Post.
The good news is that the Avalanche might not be without their captain for too long. He’s day-to-day and projected to resume skating as soon as Sunday. He will also join the team on their upcoming three-game road trip, which starts in Toronto on Tuesday.
In the meantime, Semyon Varlamov will start in his second consecutive game. He got off to a strong start to the season under the leadership of new head coach Patrick Roy and goaltending coach Francois Allaire, but that was obviously just one contest. The 25-year-old goaltender still has plenty to prove.
As do the Avalanche in general, but they have an opportunity to turn their commanding victory into an early season winning streak.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 24
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 10
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 48
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (48)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)