Oct 4, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche forward Gabriel Landeskog logged 16:07 minutes in the Avalanche’s season opener, but he missed Thursday’s practice and wasn’t on the ice today. Consequently, he won’t be available for tonight’s game against the Nashville Predators, according to the Denver Post.
The good news is that the Avalanche might not be without their captain for too long. He’s day-to-day and projected to resume skating as soon as Sunday. He will also join the team on their upcoming three-game road trip, which starts in Toronto on Tuesday.
In the meantime, Semyon Varlamov will start in his second consecutive game. He got off to a strong start to the season under the leadership of new head coach Patrick Roy and goaltending coach Francois Allaire, but that was obviously just one contest. The 25-year-old goaltender still has plenty to prove.
As do the Avalanche in general, but they have an opportunity to turn their commanding victory into an early season winning streak.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)