Oct 4, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche forward Gabriel Landeskog logged 16:07 minutes in the Avalanche’s season opener, but he missed Thursday’s practice and wasn’t on the ice today. Consequently, he won’t be available for tonight’s game against the Nashville Predators, according to the Denver Post.
The good news is that the Avalanche might not be without their captain for too long. He’s day-to-day and projected to resume skating as soon as Sunday. He will also join the team on their upcoming three-game road trip, which starts in Toronto on Tuesday.
In the meantime, Semyon Varlamov will start in his second consecutive game. He got off to a strong start to the season under the leadership of new head coach Patrick Roy and goaltending coach Francois Allaire, but that was obviously just one contest. The 25-year-old goaltender still has plenty to prove.
As do the Avalanche in general, but they have an opportunity to turn their commanding victory into an early season winning streak.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)